ceremony

Anxiety.

That’s all i could feel, as the oba’s were preparing me, for a special occasion. The recent events still play through my head, like a record player, stuck on repeat.

Aria hoots, grabbing my attention, and i turn to look down at the water. My hair had a small crown in it, which was made by cornelia, as a special present for my big day.

--------

Flash back

Two months after the events with rebecca gray, we told dad and ellie about the fight being over, and dad decided that it was time to return to the colony.

“ you know you can still come with us,” alexander had insisted as they were packing the night before they had to leave.

“ i can’t alex, my home is here with the apes,” i declined , “ with koba.”

“ yeah i knew you’d say that,” he laughs.

Koba had come to stand beside me, a strong arm wrapping around my waist, pulling me to his strong chest. Alex looked between me and koba, his brown eyes looking at koba, and i could see the seriousness within them.

“ you better not hurt her,” he warns, “ or i’ll be after you until your final days.”

Koba gave a gruff grunt, and all i could do was laugh at the two.

“ okay tough guy, i think he gets it,” i smile and look over to koba who was giving me a small grin.

He lets me go, walking over to my dad and ellie, and i only stare in confusion.

The next morning, as i went to join the colony for breakfast, i didn’t see koba sitting next to the king or queen.

Strange where is he?

As i grabbed my meal, i made my way to next to caesar and cornelia, who both smiled at me in greeting.

“ where is koba?” i asked looking at caesar for an answer.

“said to meet at the entrance,after dinner.”

And so i did as the king advised me, since haze was on patrol with blue eyes and ash, and aria was taking care of milo for me. I sat on a stump of wood, as dinner was already over, waiting for koba.

‘ wonder what he wants?’ i thought as i yawned from boredom.

I hadn’t realized that i had fallen asleep, because i was suddenly jolted awake, by a loud thud. I looked up and saw koba, who was playfully smirking at me, a dead elk laid by his feet.

“ koba what is this for?” i asked in confusion.

He knelt down so he was at my height, our eyes meeting, as his hand slowly move to my shoulders.

“ ko-” i attempt to speak again but couldn’t.

My eyes grew wide in shock, as koba had his lips against my own, he was kissing me!

His hand slowly moves to touch my cheek, and the shock suddenly washes away, and i slowly kiss him back. Once we had broken apart, he looks at me, love shining in his single green eye.

“ become my mate,” he utters a small whisper.

I look at him as his hand still held my cheek, it felt as if time had stopped around us, as he awaited my answer.

“ yes,” i whisper and pull him into a hug.

----------

I am slowly ushered to the yard of the colony, my nerves set on fire when i saw the multiple apes, who turned in my direction. The only ape i was focused on, was the one who stood on the stone boulder, next to the king. Cornelia stood beside me, and we slowly made our way to the king and koba, my heart hammering against my ribcage.

As we slowly reached the two, i made a small bow of my head to caesar, turning to look at koba.

“ we have come to mend two hearts into one,” says caesar.

Two oba’s came towards us, placing two bowls on the floor, resting at mine and koba’s feet. And i could tell one was of mud, the other, the blood of the kill koba had hunted for me.

We turn to caesar, who nods to us, and we both knelt down. I dipped my right hand into the mud, and began to paint onto his face, the war marks my great ancestor wore. ( in the second font with the girl)

Other hand, fingers drenched in the blood of the elk, slowly moved over his eyelids. We smiled as we were finished, and looked to caesar, who gave a small chuckle of amusement. With a slow motion of his arm, he lets out a loud roar, and the apes around us began hooting and cheering.

I turned to koba, who looked back at me, as he gave a loving smile to me. Moving my hand behind his neck, i pull our foreheads together, and he sighs in content.

I looked into his green eye, as he did the same with my own, and he pulls me into a small kiss. We looked over to the colony, as they were still hooting and gibbering in excitement, our hands intertwined together.