sickness and success

As soon as we got inside the colony, a healer jumps down from caesar’s home, as she was hooting urgently.

‘ it’s cornelia!’ she signs and i quickly hand milo over to haze as i follow caesar.

We quickly run up into the hut, as caesar stops staring at his sick wife, but i quickly run to her side. Cornelia slowly opens her eyes as she was wheezing, she sounded horrible, this broke my heart. Caesar moved his fingers over her forehead, once he was sitting beside me, blue eyes in front as he too was worried for his mother.

“ please i just want to talk to him!” i hear malcolm's voice.

I turn to see him and ellie standing at the entrance, they saw how sick cornelia was, and caesar glares at them. Ellie then offers to help cornelia, and he slowly moves away from me, allowing ellie to sit beside me.

“ one day,” he whispers making ellie look at him, “ you stay one day.”

I saw blue eye frown at him, ‘ father, no!’ he signs.

“ we’ll need more than-” malcolm tries to speak, “ one day!” caesar shouts glaring at him, and malcolm suddenly shuts up.

“ ape will help,” he says once he had calmed down, turning back to his sick wife.

‘ i will not help them,’ blue eyes signs angrily.

Malcolm had made a small deal with caesar, and they left the hut to handle the bastard, carver for good.

Me, ellie and the healers were attempting to give cornelia some medicine, but she refused to take it.

“ cornelia please take it,” i pleaded to the queen, “ it’ll make you feel better.”

She still wasn’t convinced, as she shook her head, and i nearly groaned in defeat. Than an idea popped into my head, “ here i’ll show you,” i said to the queen and took the cup of medicine from ellie.

I lifted the cup to my lips, and took a gulp of the medicine, trying hard not to cringe or gag as i swallowed it.

“ see,” i attempted to make a smile, “ it won’t hurt you.”

She looks at me, and i continue to smile once she nodded in confirmation, and we gave her a new dose of medicine. She cringed at the taste, and i sadly grinned at her, giving her an apologetic nod.

“ it may taste bad, but it will make you better,” i chastised her.

She sadly nodded to me, and yawned, closing her eyes, as she fell fast asleep.

-----------

“ how long until we reach the redwoods?” asks an raven haired man.

“ not too long liam,” came carver's voice from the walkie talkie.

Liam growled, leaning a fifty caliber sniper rifle against his shoulder, as he walked further within the redwoods. Hazel green eyes look around the scenery, as he waited for his ‘special’ partner, as he groaned impatiently.

He looks up as he hears the trees rustle, and saw a baboon jump down before him, who smirked at him.

“ zaius?” asks liam and the baboon nods in confirmation.

He smiles evilly, as the tan baboon leads him to a small opening, where you could see the ape colony.

“ kill caesar tonight, and apes will be weak,” says zaius and liam nods to him as he gives the baboon the gun.

“ good luck my friend,” he smiles at the baboon as zaius leaves him, jumping into the trees.

---------

I smiled as i saw caesar, koba and haze return from the dam, the humans following behind them, as caesar leads them to the hut. The glowing of the lights caught my eyes, and i smile, as cornelia was standing beside me. Caesar and koba saw us, both making their way up to meet us, as we watched the lights.

Blue eyes looked shocked as he saw his mother, ‘ mother…?’ he questions in sign as cornelia nods to him, as she is embraced by her son.

I smiled as i watched them, turning to koba as he held milo in his arms, as he was also smiling. But i had a bad feeling, like something was going to happen, until i saw a small shimmer of light below. My eyes grew wide as i saw a different ape, holding a gun in hand, as it was raised in caesar’s direction.

“ caesar!” i cry as i ran in front of the leader, just as the baboon pulled the trigger.

Than everything became dark.