humans staying in the colony

Waking up, i noticed that it was near midnight, why didn’t anyone wake me up?

Looking down i noticed that milo was still attached to my shirt, fast asleep against my chest, making me smile.

I noticed haze as i sat up, as he was carrying two slabs of food, and i looked at him curiously.

‘ humans are here in the colony,’ he signs as he gives me the two slabs, ‘ caesar said you did not have to eat with us today.’

I nod to him in thanks, as i sat to eat, waking milo up so he could eat as well. After i ate my meal, i walked out to see the group, as koba looked mad when he walked over to caesar.

‘ if they get power, they’ll be more dangerous!’ he signs aggressively, ‘ why help them?!’

‘ they seem desperate…’ caesar signs back, ‘if we make them go, they’ll attack.’

“ let them,” koba hoarsely speaks, ‘ we’ll destroy them while they’re weak.’

‘ and how many apes will die?’ caesar asks through sign as he glares at koba.

‘ we have one chance for peace…’ he signs calmly, ‘ let them do their human work. Then they’ll go.’

“ human work?” asks koba.

“ human work,” he points to his neck.

“ human work,” he then points to his right arm.

“ human work!” he shouts as he indicated the scar over his eye.

Caesar stood at his full height, glaring down at koba, who knelt down as he held his hand out to him. As soon as caesar gave koba permission, as he left, i followed after him.

“ koba,” i called him and he slowly turned to me, “ can we talk?”

---------

San francisco research lab

“ doctor gray, i found subject nineteen!” calls a scientist.

A darked haired woman walks behind him, looking down at the radar, a smile reaching her lips.

“ get dreyfus over here now!” she shouts to another scientist, “ tell him this is urgent.”

-------

I waited outside of koba’s hut, before walking in, with his permission.

‘ what do you want?’ he asks through sign.

“ i wanted to try and tell you that not all humans are bad,” i smile as i sat next to him on his nest, “ i know how you feel towards them.”

‘ how would you know?’ he asks and i giggle.

“ because i learned to hate them just like you do now,” i state.

He looked at me with confusion, and i sighed as i stood to my feet, pulling down my shirt to reveal a scar on my shoulder reaching my color bone. His green eye looked at the scar in shock, and i lift up my pant leg, revealing a scar that began from my kneecap to my ankle.

‘ why did they do this to you?’ he asks with worry.

“ my aunt attempted to make me die of blood loss,” i said as i shivered from the thought.

I than showed him my wrists, which had rope burn scars on them, “ the research center forced me to be their guinea pig.”

I jolted as his strong arms looped around me, pulling me into a strong embrace, as he shook slightly. Being shorter than him, i reached close to his chest, and felt his heartbeat against my ear.

“ i’m sorry,” i hear him speak softly and i smiled as i hugged him.

“ it’s ok koba,” i whisper to him.  

--------

Doctor gray sat across from dreyfus, as they kept quiet, tea being placed between them on a coffee table.

“ when were you going to tell me that your workers found her?” she asks in a small yet menacing voice filled with disappointment.

“ we didn’t know she was in the redwoods,” he says in a panic.

“ enough!” she shouts abruptly standing from her chair, “ you know what achievements she could succeed if we bring her in again.”

“ you know she will not agree to do what you want,” he states glaring at her, “ she’ll become defiant.”

Doctor gray sighed as she looks at him, “ oh dreyfus, i knew you had gone soft,” she says as she pulls out a nine millimeter handgun.

He stared at the woman in shock, “ becky what are you doing?!” he shouts with shock.

A small smirk grew on her face, “ well darling i’m saving the human race, by opening the gates of our paradise.”

BANG!!!!

The gunfire echoes through the room, a small hole within dreyfus’ chest, as the man slowly falls to the floor lifeless. The mint haired woman smiles, walking out of the room where she and the man talked, leaving for her office.

‘ soon,’ she thought, ‘ we shall meet once again my love.’

--------

I followed on koba’s horse, to the dam to see how the humans were progressing, and to my relief they seemed to be almost done. I saw how some of malcolm's men were hurt, mainly because the explosion a few hours ago, so some of their work was a bit delayed.

Caesar’s youngest son, cornelius got out of blue eyes arms, and went towards ellie and alexander. Milo being a curious young one, decided to follow him, and i quickly jumped off of koba’s horse to follow the little orangutan.

Cornelius and milo first went to inspect ellie, who chuckled in surprise as both babies climbed her back, before they both looked to alexander.

“ hey,” laughs alexander and i smiled as milo grabbed the teens sleeve in curiosity.

I held my arm out to stop blue eyes, and nod to him slowly, indicating everything was okay.

But i was wrong when milo and cornelius went to carvers toolbox, “ hey!,” he shouts.

I jump once blue eyes shrieks in anger, and my motherly instincts take over, as i run at carver pushing him to the ground. The other two men followed him, attempting to stop me, but blue eyes helps, blocking them away from me.

“ hey! I’ll kill you,” carver shouts as he puts a gun at me than to blue eyes who hisses at him.

Before i could do anything, caesar came forward taking the gun, pushing carver back with force his arm raised as he held the gun in his hand.

“ no caesar stop!” i shout and heard malcolm also shout as well.

He stopped and turned to me, as he inspected the gun, pointing it at the group. I quickly knelt down, picking up milo, as he did for cornelius.

“ human leave now!” he shouts.

And soon i was being pulled onto koba’s horse, koba sitting behind me, as we walked back to the colony.