2- "We want to make a bet."

Josh leaned his head against his hands, letting a loud groan slip from his mouth. He was still wearing the same clothes from last night, and had just gotten home about an hour ago. As soon as he came in, he made his way up to my room and woke me up. Some how he managed to convince me to make him some breakfast, saying that he had a terrible night and that the only thing making it worse was his pulsating headache from all the drinks he had.

The egg in the pan I was holding sizzled as I pressed the spatula to it. Grease jumped up, as I scooped up the egg and placed it on a plate next to the bacon I had made. Once I was finished, I set the pan on the stove and turned it off.

"So, now that you have your breakfast, you can tell me about what happened last night, right?" I questioned as I set a plate in front of his slumped over body. He was leaned so far onto the kitchen island that he was practically laid out on it.

I took a seat on the stool across from him, and reached for a piece of bacon from my plate. I wasn't waking up early to make him breakfast and not make myself any. I'm not that nice.

Josh lifted his head up from his arm so that I could see one of his brown eyes looking at me. "Next time we go out, remind me to ask whoever I'm hitting on if she has a boyfriend. Okay?"

I let out a breath of laughter before I took a bite of my bacon. "She had a boyfriend?" I asked in between chewing.

Josh groaned loudly as he sat up fully on his stool. "No, worse," he replied before he grabbed his fork and shoved a mouthful of fried egg into his mouth. Then he waved the fork in my direction and leaned forward. Now that he was staring at me head on, I could see the purplish bruise that was forming around his right eye. "She has a husband. Apparently he made her mad so she went out looking for some poor guy to be her revenge."

I swallowed a mouthful of eggs. "Let me guess," I said, a smirk on my face as I stared at his eye. "This guy was like three times the size of you."

He shook his head. "No. Worse."

"How much worse could it be?" Three times the size of Josh was comparable to the hulk himself. Josh is a big guy. Back in high school his nickname was The Destroyer because he could take anyone and destroy their face with a single punch. Some people found that out the hard way.

"Naomi," he practically spat her name out, "is married to a man who is built like and looks like freaking Godzilla. This morning, when I was getting out of her bed to sneak out, her husband just so happened to come home. Oh, and that's not it. He had his best friend King Kong with him." He stuck some bacon into his mouth. "Can you get me some ice man?"

I sighed, standing to grab a bag and fill it up with ice. Once I was finished, I passed it over to him and sat back down.

"Thanks," he mumbled, pressing the ice to his eye. "I can't let the guys see this. That is not a story I want to tell them."

I chewed on my last piece of bacon, laughing at his statement. He was right. The last thing he wanted was for Cole and AJ to know that he had gotten a black eye from a girl's husband after a one night stand. They'd bring it up constantly. "Yeah, I wouldn't either. They would never let you live it down."

He hung his head, nodding. After he finished up his food, which was slower than normal considering how he was right handed and he was using his right hand to hold the ice to his eye, he asked, "Do you happen to have any make-up laying around here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at his question. Why would I have make-up? What the hell does he think I do in my free time? Dress up as a drag queen?

Obviously catching onto my confusion, he held up a hand. "I mean as in make-up from Chloe."