Chapter 2

POV Jocasta

I hope I am not reading too much. Isn't that a sneer on Guy's face?

Okay this is the umpteen times I imagined how it must be when we met. Him judging like he himself is not the devil in disguise, someone who had perhaps made more girls fallen head over heels, mistakenly thinking they had him, only to left with hearts broken. What a saint to be the one judging.

Dan's the ever sweetest guy I have known. There for me, or for anyone else, but me so much more. I looked at him and still wonder why I packed and left him years ago. A twitch suddenly came into my stomach. Tell me is not guilt that I am feeling please.

"Cas, the night's not young! Let's go get the party start!" Carol chirps good naturally, hooking both me and Guy's arms. It's just like years back where we were all best of friends out for drinks, only that was before that kiss.

"Ready whenever you're darling," I looked at Carol and then the rest. Well, the rest except for Guy.

Cas, you are not affected by him. Not again.

We ended up at the ever-oh-so-familiar place. The smell of tobacco and wooden chairs, the old tall bar that is now repainted in red, and the corner table where we had made it ours, all were like a picture in my mind, somewhere far away, on nights that I wonder were they a dream or a memory far away.

"1st round's on me. Brandy that's it," Guy decisively informed all of us.

That is the way with Guy, always naturally taking over the lead and did it so charmingly.

"Man, are you billing Cas out on this one?" Chuckled Lyn. "It's her due you know?"

"I will love to guys, only I hate to fight with a gentleman," Cas replied, glancing over at Guy finally.

"Don't worry Dear, this is just a welcome act. We're not ending at 1 round." Guy smiled and winked at me.

I remembered those brown eyes and perfect smile. And now it is here, right there seeming like only for me.

Got to get a grip,

I smiled back as charming as what Jocasta could. For that brief moment I thought I caught a look of disappointment in Guy's face. And thank you was all I could mastered.

"Cheers!!!"

Everyone clink their glasses, slurping down our first glass, laughed and poured the next and the next.

I've really missed this! If there is anything that New York taught me, was there is no place like home.

With a swipe of my hair casually to the side, I pulled Carol to me,

"Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me," I swooned to the playing music and my arms around her hips.

She drew me closer and with one leg forward in between mine, we danced to our favourite tune, moving our bodies closely together, throwing our hair back and letting our hips sway, our curves glowed in the colourful lights.

We ended the night with another favourite of Jennifer's Lopez, On The Floor. Carol was behind me, her hands on my thighs, my hips pushing towards her, we were going nearer and nearer to the floor. I turned and grabbed her and the dance ended with a kiss.

Eyes were on us, and we were both grinning. We knew we are drawing attention but we could not care less.

"Cas, good you are back!" Laughed Chris while saying, "My wife's missed her dance mate!"