Chapter 4

Cas' POV

In the coming days, life was pretty busy. Guy and I saw each other time to time due to all our common friends.

None of us want to remember the hug we shared, none of us want to say anything about it.

It was all cool with me. I had travelled back to my hometown with a reason I didn't want to share. It all seemed right just to be here that I hadn't got the chance to tell my closest ones what had really happened.

6 months ago, I had travelled to Hollywood on a work trip. I had to spend 3 months there and I was so excited about it.

The new experience was a good way for me to breathe in the new and put those thoughts about me and Guy behind. It had been ages since we were in touch, and I doubt I was on his mind. So it had been a welcoming experience to go and do something completely new.

While on the project there I met someone. His name was Wandre. We had to work together on the upcoming campaign and that brought us close.

In the coming days, cos I was pretty new in Hollywood, he showed me around places and was acting like a complete gentlemen.

We started having late night supper and weekend chill outs. I thought back then, perhaps it was time to put the past behind. And when Wandre was hit by a downfall in his career, he got devastated and depressed.

He started to stick his fingers in stock markets and drugs, believing he could live a life on the edge. One day when I told him we could only be friends, we tried to have some wine and talk, but his emotions hit.

"I am scare Cas, I am so sorry, I can't stay here." Wandre burst out suddenly while we were chilling at the pool side.

His eyes went wide, sockets dilated and he was shivering.

My heart had went out to him then. There was this big boy who used to talk to me about dreams and everything. And he was a mess now.

I stayed, and I tried to stay as a friend. Slowly he tried to bring himself out of the depression.

"Can I attend church with you?" Wandre asked one day.

And so I started to bring him to church, and I thought he was saved. He seemed more cheerful and then we started seeing each other often.

Everything seemed like it was going well until red flags started appearing.

He started having emotional outburst and acted aggressively over the slightest things. As the empath that I was, I tried to talk to him again and again. Things did not get better but instead it just got worse.

One night as I was working over time for my campaign, he got mad while waiting for me. As he had his outburst and agitated words, I began to ignore him. I thought if this was it, I would just let it end here.

Little did I guess, he was beyond logic. Halfway in the night, while I was almost asleep in my bed he came to my door step and smashed glasses and paintings which we had painted. And he ran away following that.

Needless to say, in the days to come I had to take my mind off things and heal from this tragic drama. Friends told me to ignore and he is emotionally unstable. I went to the police and I file a simple report without pursuing. In my mind, I just wanted this whole drama to be over.

So it was a refreshing getaway when I got to come back to my hometown, to the people I've known for years and could trust.

I thought Guy had moved on, forgot about me or perhaps has his new love. But he was happily declaring his singlehood. And as we danced, we shared this connection just as before. We ignored all the friend's teasing and when we hugged, it was an unspoken understanding. Never changed.

He was still the arrogant, cheeky guy I known. However there was this grown up vibes in him that I never knew before. He knew that things happened to me, and I know it was a matter of time before I tell him everything.

It was just good that I'm surrounded by the people who love me and I can trust.

It all seemed too fast for me to be sure how I feel about Guy. Perhaps seeing how he is as always the one taking care of everyone in the party, making me laugh so easily, strikes up feelings I've known so well over the years.

If you have to meet a few wrong ones to know who's the right one, is all worth it.