Epilogue

Dear Principal Asano,

I want to thank you for everything you have done for me. If it weren't for your ruthlessness and hatred of me, I would have never become the person I am today. I have a wonderful boyfriend, amazing friends, and a bright future ahead of me. This all started with you in the first place and your assurance that I would become nothing but the mud under your shoe, yet you didn't count on me rising from the dirt and blossoming into a forest.

Anyway, the truth is, I forgive you. I forgive you for throwing me out when I was barely able to walk and causing my mother to beat me daily because I solely reminded her of you. I forgive you for throwing me to the sharks when I arrived at your school. I forgive you for treating me as if I were nothing because now I know I am something, someone. I can be whatever and whoever I want to be and it's because you gave me the perseverance to not be what you wanted me to be.

That being said, I have chosen my career. I am going to be an assassin. This, again, is because of you. I never understood who I wanted to be, especially with such high expectations from the school board laying on my shoulders because of my high exam scores. They may not approve, but it doesn't matter to me.

I started off in Class E as the foreigner because everyone knew I didn't belong there. I was alienated and cast out because of it and only Nagisa and Karma were there to help me through it. That was until Koro-sensei arrived. He brought us together and united the group of misfits and outcasts to become a group of deadly assassins.

Koro-sensei I have to also thank for everything. He turned me into the lethal weapon I was brought up to be and, as bad as it sounds, I couldn't be anymore grateful. Being an assassin was always inside of me and it took a push to burst the bubble open for my true self to step out of the darkness.

That's where you and I differ on so many levels. You had a dream to shape students into perfect human beings for societal standards yet you only managed to turn them into mindless machines set to destroy others.

Sounds like assassination work, right?

Wrong.

Assassination is calm and calculating without being overwhelming and stressful such as you made my fellow classmates feel everyday of their lives. I am going to do this with or without the approval of the board or you and I promise you I will be everything you weren't.

I will help people and do my job just the same because I know the type of person I want to be. I want to save people who deserve to be saved and take out those who don't. I want to dabble with life and death like a game but take it in my strides. I want to make the world see a different side to everything other than black and white. I want to be there for my friends. I want to be there for Karma.

You may not be able to understand these concepts, but I assure you that I am following the right path. I have never been so sure about anything else in my life. With that, all I must say is that I wish you the best, Principal, because that's all you will ever be to me from now on. My principal.

Sincerely yours,
(Y/N) (L/N)