↬ Chapter Twelve

Midterms were approaching once again, but this time it was more serious. The principal was taking it upon himself to teach Class A every one of his tricks to ensure their success when the time came, but Koro-sensei was having none of it.

Koro-sensei was doing his best to prepare Class E for their tests because after last time, the midterms scores should easily be better. Well, that's what you were hoping for while walking with a few of your classmates after class had let out until... you ran into Asano.

"Hey, it's Asano," Kayano said, calling it to all your attentions that Asano was standing in front of you.

"What do you want?" you sighed out.

"I've come to ask a favor," Asano admitted bluntly.

"And what makes you think that any of us would help you?" Karma shot back.

"Because it benefits everyone," Asano sneered. "Let's cut to the chase. The principal--I need you people to kill him."

"Done," you replied, shocking your classmates.

"So to speak. I don't mean murdering him, I mean you should kill his philosophy. If Class E scores high on the exam, then it will be a slap in the face to his policies," Asano clarified.

"Look, we all know your relationship with your dad isn't the best, but you really want to rake his legacy through the mud?" Nakamura asked.

"On the contrary, he wants me to take him down. It's what I was groomed to do," Asano answered. "This will be the fulfillment of his legacy. That's how we are--what we are built upon. If you didn't know the pleasure of being raised by him... Let me assure you that his methods are hell on earth."

Asano glanced at you and you nodded mutely. You knew exactly why your half-brother wanted this and you also knew every method that the principal had to offer. The few years he had raised you, it was clear how brutal he could be with filling your head with the utmost important information. This was war and you weren't going to march into this battle alone.

"Please, teach the principal a lesson," Asano pleaded. "Let everyone know what it is to lose."

"Ha! That's big of you and all, but I'm going to be the one taking the top spot," Karma boasted. "What did I say? Next time we're not taking it easy on you."

"Listen, we've been preparing for this for a long time. We never had any intention of holding back. We're going at this with all we have, so don't worry," you said.

"And try to make it fun. Come at us like you want us dead," Karma murmured evily.

"How amusing. Very well, I'll fight with my gloves off too," Asano responded with a smirk.

✹✹✹

The big showdown was upon everyone and assassinating the exam was the top priority. The first part was the toughest with the hardest questions you had ever seen. The second part was better once everyone rallied together to solve each problem that was presented thanks to the fake Ritsu.

Math was your best subject and the last question on the exam was of exceptional difficulty. Most of the students were weeded out before this, so the only students who were able to get full marks at this point were you, Karma, and Asano.

A week later, you were sitting in class and the results were in Koro-sensei's grasp. Your palms were sweaty just thinking about the outcome of the test, but that was put to rest once the papers were handed back. In addition, Koro-sensei posted the top fifty students' names on the board, revealing that Karma had beat out Asano... and so did you.

"I'm so proud of you!" you shouted, throwing your arms around Karma, him doing the same to you.

"What about you? Stomping all over your brother's reputation and proving who the superior sibling is," Karma bragged.

"Well, boys and girls, you officially are able to transfer out of Class E. Anyone ready to leave?" Koro-sensei questioned.

"Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you?" Maehara teased, tossing a knife in the air and catching it.

"If you know a place better suited for assassination, then we're all ears," Nakamura joked.

Suddenly, a booming was heard outside and the students ran toward the doors instantly, ready to fight any enemy that stepped up, but the only enemy that was presented was the principal.

"Our building!" Minama exclaimed.

"Evacuate the building please," the principal ordered.

"Oh, no way," you whispered.

"The board reached a unanimous decision--the old campus building is to be demolished today. Oh, don't worry, you'll be moved to an affiliate school scaled to open next year," he continued.

You walked forward without a second thought after he finished his daunting words. There was no way you were allowing this to happen on your watch. These people... they were your friends, your family. You grew with them in this classroom and you weren't going to back down for anything. You were an assassin dammit and you weren't a coward anymore.

"Father," you began, "this is a breach in our contract on page forty-three where it states you are unable to remove me from this campus, according to that code, unless my mother sees fit, and since I know she requires I go to school here, I shall remain."

"Oh, child," the principal said patronizingly. "You think I didn't remember that? I am here to offer you a spot in the top five of this institute while those mongrels are shipped off as to not breach the contract."

A collection of gasps were heard behind you and you shook your head with a smile graced on your lips. Your classmates thought you would take the deal, but you had other plans in mind.

"That's what you don't understand, what you could never understand. These people aren't just my classmates, they're my friends and the family I never had. We've all come from the darkest places of our lives and have rose together to become the best versions of ourselves because of each other. I could never repay them or Koro-sensei for what they've done for me. That's why I'll fight for this until the very end," you spoke with your chin up.

"Very well." The principal sighed after a long silence and turned on his heal, signalling to the construction workers to retreat. "I'll allow you this win today, but do not presume you will get the same opportunity again. I'm only doing this because of our contract."

"Keep telling yourself that!" Karma shouted once the principal began walking away. "Don't come at my girl like that again!"

The students laughed and gathered around you after the chaos descended back down the mountain, but by then, you were back to cowering away from the attention.

"We never knew you had that in you. Standing up to him took a lot of guts, as your father and the principal," Koro-sensei complimented.

You shrugged as you were praised for saving the building with only words, showing the students that brute force wasn't always the way to go. It wasn't your goal to do that, but you were fortunate to have such amazing people to stand up for, and you would continue to do so for as long as you had left.