↬ Chapter Six

Against your will, Class E was dressed in their swimsuits and headed into the woods with Koro-sensei leading the way to who knows where. You were excited albeit nervous because of one little detail you neglected to tell anyone besides Karma.

"Don't look so uncomfortable," Karma said.

"You know I can't swim well," you complained.

"Just hold onto me in the deep end and you'll be fine."

"Gross," Sugino mumbled in disgust.

"Get used to it, Sugino. Those two are in love," Nagisa reasoned.

Sugino ignored Nagisa and continued to mess with you and Karma until arriving at the swimming hole that Koro-sensei created just for 3-E. Everyone hopped into the water while you stayed in the shallow water that only went to your ankle. Some of the students opted to stay out of the fun completely and waited on land.

You splashed around with Karma back and forth before Koro-sensei went a little crazy and was splashed with some water, making him seize up. Karma then left your side and began rocking the chair Koro-sensei was sitting on so he would fall into the water but to no avail.

Karma climbed out of the swimming hole and you sat in the water, talking to Nagisa. Terasaka suddenly made an announcement about how he was going to take down Koro-sensei and pulled out a gun, aiming it at the teacher. He pulled the trigger and all hell broke loose.

The dam that was keeping the water in blew up and the students began getting pushed downstream. You were gasping for air as a tide came along and pulled you under, out of sight from any rescuer.

"(Y/N)!" Karma shouted, running to the edge of the cliff and looking for you.

Koro-sensei jumped into action and ripped students from the water but you were still being spiraled around the tides. Karma was pulling out his hair because there was nothing he could do, so he turned to Terasaka and socked him in the jaw, knocking him to the ground unconscious.

Nagisa had to hold him back from doing anymore damage, but by that time, you were tumbling over the waterfall. Luckily, Koro-sensei reached deep into the water and pulled you out on land at the last second. You coughed liquid out of your lungs and Karma was at your side the next moment, rubbing your back and pulling you into his chest.

Karma tore off his jacket and wrapped it around your shoulders, slowly helping you to your feet. You breathed heavily and tried to calm your rapid heartbeat.

"We're getting out of here," Karma said, walking away with you close by his side.

Nagisa caught up with you along with Kayano.

"Are you okay?" Nagisa worried.

"Yeah," you choked out. "I'm fine."

You made it back to the classroom and finally got to sit down and regain your sanity for a few minutes before Karma was going on a tirade about how stupid Terasaka was. He calmed down eventually and sat with you, Nagisa, and Kayano to discuss final exams instead of worrying about what happened.

"I'm not going to sweat it. What happens, happens," Karma said boredly.

You jabbed his side and he gave you the look that told you not to say anything in regards to his mannerisms.

"Koro-sensei said whoever scores their personal best gets to take out a tentacle," Nagisa said.

"I'll probably just make the cut like I always do," you replied.

"Really?" Karma chuckled lowly.

"Stop," you whined.

"What's the big secret?" Kayano asked curiously.

"(Y/N) always scores in at least the top ten every exam. She doesn't want to ever admit to it, though, because she's humble," Nagisa explained.

"What?! Really!?" Kayano exclaimed. "How are you in Class E anyway?"

You shared a look with Karma and he appeared sympathetic and a tad bit guilty. He nodded and you proceeded to answer.

"The principal of this fine establishment is actually my father," you revealed, causing Kayano to gasp and Nagisa to sigh.

"Your father!? How!?"

"Well, he was with my mom before he was all high and mighty, then dropped her for some hussy, causing her to be extremely bitter. Asano is my half-brother and he hates Karma because we're dating and I'm in Class E because it's where I'm farthest from my father. He put me here so he wouldn't have to see me. It was either come here or let him pay me to go to school somewhere else."

You took a breath. "He resents me so much and calls me a mistake. My mother was just a fling for him and now she works three jobs to pay the bills and tries to forget I exist because I ruined her life."

You felt Karma's hand reach around and wipe away the tear you were unaware was sliding down your cheek. He sometimes thought it was his fault you were thrown to the slums because you chose your relationship over staying in the upper class or going to a different school.

"I didn't know the principal was such a scumbag," Kayano commented, irritated.

"I don't regret any of it, though. This was my choice to come to Class E and be with Karma. It's worth it," you clarified, grinning. "It doesn't bother me anymore."

"I get it now," Kayano said. "You guys really care for each other. I wasn't so sure at first, but it's clear how much you love each other."

You nodded and hoped that others would be able to see the same in the future. Even if you were bleached with a past more depressing than happy, you were proud of the decisions you made for yourself and how life turned out. You respected everyone in Class E even if you weren't a member of Class A anymore and you would continue to fight for their justice and fight for Koro-sensei's end, although you were starting to have your doubts about whether his death was possible or not.