I close my eyes and try to relax.

(Ashton's POV)

I felt undeniable rage at Jack for hurting my Rosy like that. Couldn't he see she was frightened out of her wits? She was crying her eyes out, for God's sakes! 

So when she ran I ran after her, but she washed away her scent and ran down wind. I couldn't find her, and I had started freaking out. When her pleading howls reached my ears I had felt a spark of hope and worry. Maybe I hadn't lost my little mate. 

When I found her she was stuck under a thick log. There were two humans trying to help, and I wondered why they were out here. They were too weak to get the log off her, so I did. I could physically feel the fright pulsing off her. 

There was a cut down Rosy's back and it was obvious her back half was bruised. 

I only let the humans take her because it would raise suspicion if I took her back to my house. Plus it would do her some good if they bandaged her up. It would take me at least an hour to get back to my house with her, so I figured she should be looked at sooner rather than later.  

Now she's curled up in a corner on the floor with a bandage around her thin middle area. I sit behind her, still in wolf form, and let my leg fall over her comfortably. She whimpers and pushes back into me, trying to hide in the curve of my body. 

I start licking her head, an automatic instinct to help her calm down and start cleaning her fur. 

I am still confused about why she was crying and why her heart was beating so fast. It's puzzling. To say I am worried for Rosy would be an understatement. I get that Jack was protecting his new mate, but he should always be careful around Rosy. She is maturing, sure, but she doesn't know better quite yet. She probably just wanted comfort.  

A little rumble has my ears perking up. Is Rosy hungry? 

"Did her stomach just growl?" The younger of the two humans, Blake, asks. 

"I think it did." The older human, Tim, says with amusement in his voice. 

Rosy whimpers and tucks herself closer into me. She turns her big baby blues up on me. I can pretty much feel my heart melt at the helpless look in her eyes.  

A whining noise comes from me as I nudge her gently.  

"Blake, can you go get some food from the back fridge? There should be something in there for them to eat. Anything red." Tim says. 

Blake disappears into the back room as Tim cleans up the things he used to patch up Rosy. 

A moment later Blake comes back into the room with food. 

Rosy's ears perk up, though she stays close to me. 

I probably wouldn't let her go even if she tried to move anyway.

(Rosy's POV)

I watch as Blake comes back into the room from the backroom. I'm very hungry. So hungry my stomach had started growling. By keeping my thoughts on my hunger, it prevents me from thinking of the nightmare I had. I don't want to think of my parents possibly being murdered. That dream just felt all too real for my likings.  

Blake cuts up some of the red meat with a knife into smaller bite sized pieces for me and chucks one in front of me. It lands a few feet away from my face, but I really don't want to get up and hurt my back and legs. They are aching enough as it is. So I lazily put my head back down on my paws and look away. 

Ashton stands up effortlessly and steps towards the small piece of meat. He leans down and sniffs it once, before picking it up and putting it in front of me.