the floor is lava (and so is the curry)

"Finally!"

Mitsuki stood with her hands on her hips, staring at her sleepy-eyed son. The two of them shared a look before she tilted her head, gesturing toward the overflowing trashcan. Bakugou groaned, making his way over to the other side of the kitchen.

"Be right back," he grumbled, pulling the bag out with one big tug. He slung it over his shoulders, heading out the back door.

"Uhh," you watched him walk outside and stand in the backyard, "shouldn't he take that out front?"

Mitsuki turned to look at you, one eyebrow raised. "What do you mean?"

You shifted in my seat, looking away from her confused gaze. "Well, how are the trashmen gonna-"

"-DIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! DIE DIE!!!! DIEEE!"

Three explosions rang out from the backyard and you snapped your head back over to the window. Bakugou stood, now trashless -unless you count his personality- with a giant grin on his face. You glanced over at Mitsuki, who shared the same look. Bakugou made his way back in, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"Wha-"

"-It took three explosions this time?"

Bakugou scoffed, "I just fucking woke up. Not like you could do any better."

"I think you're losing your touch," Mitsuki smirked, leaning against the counter.

You closed your eyes, bracing yourself for Bakugou to lash back, but instead heard a loud laugh. When you opened your eyes back up, Mitsuki was laughing. Bakugou pushed past her, grumbling.

"You old hag, what the fuck do you know," he sneered.

What the fuck? No screaming?

You cleared your throat, hoping to remind them that there was another person in the house. Mitsuki wiped a tear from her eye, looking over at you. "Do you two want some curry?"

Bakugou nodded, grabbing two bowls from the cabinet. He filled one up and then looked back at you, eyes narrowed.

"You gonna come make your plate? Or are you gonna fucking throw up everywhere."

Mitsuki turned around, wide-eyed. "Throw up? Are you sick?"

Nervous laughter came bubbling out, and you stood. "I-I had some oatmeal the other day that didn't sit right with me. But I'm fine now," you shook your hands and smiled. Mitsuki gave you a questioning look but kept quiet. You made your way next to Bakugou, holding your bowl up. He carelessly slopped curry into your bowl, a little spilling over the side and onto your sleeve.

"Thanks for that, Bakufuck."

"No problem," he turned around, "oatmeal shit."

He walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room. You glanced behind you at Mitsuki, who was giving you a cheesy look. She smiled, pushing herself off the wall.

"What's with that grin? It's scaring me."

She laughed, pulling down a bowl for herself. "No reason," she turned her head to look away, trying to hide her obvious lie.

You shook your head, leaving the kitchen. The dining room was small, with four chairs placed around an oval table. There were a few family pictures on the wall, and Bakugou was sitting on the far side of the table.

Mitsuki walked past you, sitting at one of the heads of the table. She gestured to the seat next to her. "This one's normally empty, and Katuski usually sits where he is right now."