Chapter 4 - Petals Of A Smile

I walk back to my room and sit on my bed, I got dressed in my PJs and lay down, outside the sky was dark, the stars waving in the sky as I let a tear trickle down my cheek.

I can't bother to wipe it away so I let it come, the memory of her makes my week, just seeing volleyball makes my sick in the stomach. I reach under my bed and pull out a frame, the broken glass of the frame was so fragile I had to be careful how I held it, the shattered glass blocked the view of her face, we were smiling and waving at the camera, this was the first day She... we played Volleyball.

We were only 8, only a little, too young to realize how important this sport would be in our future. I feel my heart break a little more and I place down the photo. I stare up at the ceiling for a while, the talk of the teams quietened and soon it sounded like everyone was asleep except me.

I lay there staring out the window, the trees swaying side to side as the nighttime wind blew. I couldn't sleep at all, that sickening feeling still lurked in my stomach.

I got up and went to the kitchen, the halls were empty and I could not hear anyone talking. I went down to the bottom floor and turned on the light to the kitchen.

I went into the kitchen a pulled out some bowls, I got all the ingredients for some cookies and got to baking. After a long time, I took out the cookies and placed them on a plate.

I jumped up on the couch and nibbled on a biscuit lightly so I didn't burn myself. I heard foot steps and I looked over to see Aone, a team mate from Date Tech.

He gave me a cold look, well even though his eyes glared at me I could tell he wasn't glaring he was either tied or that was his resting face.

"Hey" I smiled lightly, he stayed silent as he stood in the door way. I noticed he never talked to people so I guess it's fine. "Why are you up?" I asked.

Suddenly there was a growl coming from his stomach "Hungry" He said quietly, his voice smooth yet deep. I picked-up the plate and held it out to him, "Want one?" I asked, he nodded and walked into the kitchen.

He walked over and took a cookie, he was still taller than me as I sat on the high bench. There was a quiet silence as we ate, I was thinking about what had happened before, I wasn't paying attention and must of let a tear drop because suddenly Aone spoke.

"Are you... ok?" He asked I looked up at him with a surprised and shocked expression. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine" I said half heartedly as I wiped the tear away.

~Aone's POV~

She let me eat some of the cookies she had just made, as I ate I watched her, her eyes suddenly dulled and she stopped eating. A hurt and pained expression covered her face. Her eyes suddenly started to water and a tear dripped down her (S/C) skin.

I never talk and to be honest I don't like talking to people, but something in me forced me to speak "Are you... ok?" I asked she looked up at me.

Her (E/C) eyes were watery and had tears in them as she looked at me with a pained and shocked expression. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine" She said wiping her eyes with her oversized shirt sleeve.

I leaned down and looked at her in the eyes, she was trying to cover her pained expression with a smile but I could see through it, She realized this and looked away "I-I'm fine, really... I-I've just been going through some... stuff" She said deeply looked down and as if she was about to cry.

I hummed and nodded understanding she didn't want to talk about it, I took another cookie and learned agents the counter. I could hear her stifle the tears as she ate. I place my hand on her leg and patted it sympathetically.