He looked at me and smiled a sad, tired smile. "Yes. He got tired of fighting. Don't worry, though. He's sleeping safe and sound inside here," he tapped the side of his head.

 I glared at him, fingers curling into fists as I fought to contain my anger. Naois gently rested his hand on my leg. I let out a breath as I glanced at him. "I'm fine. I don't want to kill him at all. Not one little bit," I muttered darkly and with sarcasm.

 Camden-or Exhaustion-just went back to staring out the window. I continued glaring at him, wishing the saying "if looks could kill" actually applied to this situation. I really wished I could kill the Demon and just bring my friend back. I loved Camden like a brother and this Demon was majorly pissing me off.

 "Aurnia."

 I looked up. Alasdair stood in the door. I sighed. "Go ahead. Yell at me. Get it off your chest."

 Alasdair shook his head. "I do not wish to yell. I wish to apologize."

 "What?" I asked, genuinely surprised as I felt Naois tense up next to me. "What's going on?"

 Alasdair sighed, running a hand through his messy dark hair. "I will explain everything in a few minutes, I promise. I have called a meeting in the living room." He turned. "Be there in about ten minutes. I'll start it in about fifteen."

 As he walked away I glanced at Naois, before glaring at Camden. "We'll be there, but first. . .we're going to get Camden back, even if his damn ass Demon kills me in the process."

 Naois stared at me, a sly smile curving on his lips. "I'm with you, Aurnia, but damn ass? Where did you get that?"

 I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't be a dick."

 "Sorry, but if you want that, I'd suggest talking to Niall. He's much less of a jerk than I am."

 I snorted. "He's too goody goody for me."

 Naois rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you would say that, Aurnia. But that's not really the problem is it? You have a problem with his being gay, don't you?"

 "What?" I asked, taken aback. "Why in the world would you think that? I'm not a freaking homophobe!"

 Naois sighed. "I'm sorry. It's Silence. He's making me fight him extra hard right now. He doesn't like that I can talk to you, though he's being extra jerkish right now."

 "Oh," I murmured. "I'm sorry."

 "It's okay," he smiled. "I don't mind pissing him off. It's pretty funny, actually. I've learnt most of my 'bad language' from him."

 I laughed. "You're so crazy. But I guess that's why we get along so damn well. I just wish everyone didn't have to hate us because of it."

 He shrugged. "I tend not to care what people think. Life's a hell of a lot easier that way. Plus, you don't have to worry about getting placed in a mental institution."

 I shuddered, memories flooding into my mind. Naois placed his hand over one of mine. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you remember."

 I shrugged it off, though I didn't try to remove his hand. "It's okay. I'm just glad you and the others rescued us from there. It was like our own personal Hell. I mean, I know each of you have been to the actual Hell, but you don't know what it was like for us in there. We were hearing Voices and they were telling us all kinds of things and everyone just thought we were crazy."

 Naois nodded, eyes sympathetic. "You can talk to me. I'll listen."

 I nodded. "I know. It's just-the memories are so painful to think about."