Little Red Riding Wolf

First story!! <3

Fan, comment, vote? Thanks(: let me know if I should continue, or delete!(:

~~~

   Avaline's P.O.V:

   "Run! Just run!" I watched as the monsters ripped her apart. I turned before I saw them rip off my Aunt's head.

   Ava's turn.

   His voice taunted in my head. I could hear my alpha's paws pound on the ground, everytime just a little louder than the one before.

   That's right, your next, run! Hurry, he's coming for you!

   It was my wolf this time. I did as I was told, and I ran for my life... Literally. But that didn't stop the flashbacks...

                   *FlashBack*

   "Hunny, Ava, Ava! Earth to Ava!" My mom's voice broke me from my train of thoughts.

   "Yeah, mom?" I asked, looking up at her. She smiled a teasing smile down at me and shook her head. I blushed and smiled down to my lap.

   "As I was saying, you're going over to your Aunt's house today. She just moved into her new house, two neighborhoods away actually. But, she came down with a cold, you need to help her with her boxes while I visit your father." I nodded my head and smiled at the thought.

   My Aunt Marie is the most unique person I've ever met. She's an artist and she used to live in New York. Why she would move from New York to plain old Mississippi, I have no idea.

   "Okay, are you gonna drive me or-?" I trailed off. I didn't want to walk, two neighborhoods, alone. Sixteen or not, it's still creepy.

   "I'm visiting your father, the hospital is in the opposite direction." I sighed and threw my head back to add dramatic affect. I knew she should visit him, he wasn't doing so good from what I've eavesdropped from the hospital calls to my mom. I wasn't supposed to hear it, mom always told me he was getting better everyday. Lie. He was getting worse, the cancer had spread and he was getting sicker by the minute.

   I wasn't even aloud to visit my own dad anymore, the lies had just gotten bigger, his cancer had just gotten worse, and I couldn't do anything about it, but sit and wait. Wait for what? Wait for him to die.

   "Kay, I'll walk." With that, I got up and walked to the door, sliding on some flip flops and a long red jacket, and heading out the door.

   "Be safe!" My mom yelled out to me. I waved in response without turning around and started walking.

   I sniffed the air for anyone in our pack, Silver Crest, but it was just me, and the distant smell of my Aunt. But, she wasn't part of our pack, she was a rogue. She travels a lot, so she can't find a pack that she'll stay in.

   I decided to go through the central park and through the woods behind it to get to her neighborhood. I had a pretty good idea of where I was going, and with my werewolf sense of smell, I wouldn't get lost.

   The park was full of birds and couples. Two old people kissing on a bench, I adverted my eyes. It just made the yearn for a mate worse. A mate is the one we will marry, our one an only, our everything. Kind of like true love for humans, but pure. Some of us never find our mates, others are rejected, and a very few amount, but still some, are humans.

   We were forbidden to have a human mate. They can never survive the mating process. Once marked, the become weaker, opposed to werewolves who become stronger. They die within twenty four hours of being mated. And, it's not pleasurable for them in the mating from what I've heard, pure torture.If your mate dies, you die once mated. Nothing good comes from them. Nothing good, but love.

   Apart from all the suffering, all the heartbreak, all the pain, I still wanted one.

   Ave, where are you?!

   It was Stella, my best friend. It took me a minute to process that she was talking through the mind link.

   Central Park, why?

   The Alpha is going crazy, he's looking for you.

   I groaned internally. The only drawback of being the pack's peace keeper is the fact that you practically serve the Alpha.

   What does he want now?!

   It came out a little harsher than I wanted it to, but I got my point across.

   It's about your Aunt, she's in danger. She's a rogue, right?

   Yes... What does that have to do with anything?

   All rogues are a danger to our pack, he wants them all eliminated immediately.

   Wait, you mean eliminated, as in...

   I trailed off, I couldn't finish the sentence, just the thought of her being... Eliminated. I shook the thoughts from my head, she couldn't be in danger, she was my family, I was the pack's peace keeper. The Alpha, my Alpha. Never.

   My bones crushed together. a pain I was used to by now. My clothes were shredded and thrown to the side like sand in the wind. Fur sprouted out from my skin, and the common prickles of the growing hair consumed my body. And with my paws, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. 

   His pounding paws still echoed in my ears. I didn't spare a glance back at him, it would just slow me down.

   My breathing was getting heavier and more constricted. My Alpha was getting slower too, but he had Alpha strength, so I was still in a lot of danger.

   My legs felt like jelly and my whole body was hot with worn out adrenaline. All in all, I felt like I was going to pass out.

   And that, was a problem.