1

16-year old Ginger Tanner (née Clifford) is a teenager from Rocky Mount, NC, who is pregnant by her boyfriend, Robert Tanner, who has joined the Marines and is going to leave for long.

Well, he considered joining the Army because of a not-very-brilliant economic situation on both sides (for instance, neither of Ginger's parents were working when she got pregnant for the first time).

Therefore, she needs help from her overprotective mother.

Her mother used to be a housewife, so she could stay with her daughter and the upcoming baby. However, the poor Ginger wasn't exactly allowed to do everything: for example, she and Rob had to sleep in separate rooms.

On May 7, 2000, Ginger gives birth to Richard Kent Tanner.

After the birth, the episode focuses on Tanner's lack of support towards his girlfriend and son.

He was so busy with training that he didn't even bother calling her or sending her a letter.

5 years passed that way, with little communication on his side, though this wasn't enough for them to break up. When he came back home, Ginger had already finished high school, but she had since given up on going to college to focus on her family. On the other hand, Rob decided to stay permanently in town and reject an offer from the Army to look for a job locally.

They married in January 2014 and welcomed their second child, a baby girl they named Daila Beighley, on June 15, 2015.

As of 2017, they're still married and their kids are both healthy.