two

➖ two ➖

➖ two ➖

It was official, Isabella hated her coworkers. It turns out, kicking customers out of the store for not being able to pay was false. Unsurprisingly, she was fired the next day for inadequate customer service. She did try to explain what had actually happened, but when the big boss turned to face the malicious pair, they just stood with an innocent look and said they were disappointed in her actions.

She had that job for a whole month, longer then before which was two weeks. Isabella actually thought she was going to last for a while with this one, but guessed she didn't.

The face of the man yesterday still lingered in her mind. He was clearly outraged that she was embarrassing him, even though there was no one around but still, he downright hated her.

After he stormed out of the store, she wanted to chase after him to apologize but by the time she got out of the door, he was long gone.

After Isabella had gotten fired, she decided that it was only right for her to treat herself with a nice lunch. So, she went to the closet luxuries restaurant she could find. She didn't mind eating alone. To her, it was more relaxing, and she could focus on her food and not the other person.

It had only been ten minutes, when she spotted a familiar face. She thought she was hallucinating for a second, before she realized it was actually him.

Isabella shielded the side of her face, hopping he wouldn't notice but that didn't seem to work.

"Look who it is, the sales person that clearly doesn't know what good customer services is." He spoke, with a mocking look on his face as he pulls out a chair in front of her and sat down. "Came by your work this morning, with a pile full of cash but turns out you were fired. Wonder why."

She just wanted to finish her lunch, but that clearly wasn't going to be an option anymore. This man, who's name she didn't even know, was going to drive her crazy.

"I was going to—"

"You know, for a struggling citizen, you sure are able to afford eating like a queen." He shakes his head, pretending to look confused. "Did you spend your whole paycheck on this lunch, I could pay for you if you want."

For certain, he was going to be placed at the top of her 'people to avoid' list. She now didn't want to apologize anymore, and didn't feel bad at all.

"I tried to be nice, and apologize but suddenly I don't feel bad at all." She grabs the napkin off her lap and throws it onto the table. She places two, one hundred dollar bills next to her plate and stomps away from seat.

"So much for a nice lunch." She grumbled under her breath. Isabella starts to groan when she notices a shadow towering over her. "What does he want now!"

"You forgot your change, you might need this to pay your bills." He hands her a pile of cash, only for her to push it away.

She glares at him through her lashes. "I don't need this."

He grabs her hand, and she starts to blush furiously. She was glad her blush was extra pigmented, or he would notice how red her cheeks were. He places the stack of money in the palms of her hands.

She notices how the amount seemed a bit too much to be her change. "I added a little bit extra, think of it as an apology for getting you fired."

"I don't need this—" Isabella pauses as she tries to figure out what his name was. That's when it came to her that she never knew what his name was.

"Marco. Marco Asensio."