Retreat (Chapter 6)

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to update yesterday, and I know this is short, but I hope it makes up for missing updates... Anyway, thanks for reading, please comment, (I do like talking to you people), and I hope you enjoy.

-----

Keith rushed to the cockpit, leaping into the chair and snatched the joysticks.

"We have to go back!" Keith screamed, jerking the joysticks back, but the Lion refused to listen. "Red! I order you to go back!!"

The Lion, temperamental as always, did no such thing. Instead, the systems shut down, knowing well that Keith was no longer fit to pilot it.

Keith's fists slammed onto the arms of the chair. His quiet whimpering and sniffing filled the quiet lion head. Tear drops floated and drifted away around the teen as he floated in the Red Lion without power.

He was such an idiot! He should've went back for Lance! They could've gotten away together. They could've escaped.

But no! Stupid Lance had to rush out alone and sacrifice his stupid self!!

Now, Lance was in Lotor's hands, and he was trapped out in space in a deactivated Red Lion with nowhere to go, and no way to help Lance.

"I was the team leader..." he whispered in the darkness, eyes squeezed shut from the tears. "I was supposed to get us both out. It should've been me..."

A roar filled his ears. He jerked up, hoping Red had heard his plea. Keith tried moving the steering shafts.

Nope. The Red Lion was still ignoring him.

If it wasn't Red, then what had he heard?

Keith looked out into space, a small relieved smile spreading on his face as the Black Lion flew towards them.

Keith made his way into the Black Lion, and grabbed the limp Red Lion before flying barreling after Lotor's ship. Keith felt the Castle approach behind him, and watched as Lotor's ship, and Lance, disappeared.