New DJ

Sniffing the air, the smell of bacon fills my nostrils. The smell maple and eggs. This excites me and gets me out of bed. I put on my slippers and head downstairs. The moment I walk in the smell of breakfast becomes stronger. I look to see Yakaru's back facing towards me as he flips a pancake.

"I figured the smell would be from your creation," i walk over to the cabinet and grab a cup, then over to the fridge to get the orange juice. I pour some into a glass, and lean against the counter as I sip  the citrus drink. Closing my eyes and enjoy the feeling as the cold liquid runs through my warm body.

"Yes, Saleana. Just be glad none of the girls cook or we would have fish almost every day." he laughs and glances over at my leaning figure. I growl at him and give him an icy glare. No one calls me by my name. EVER. 

"You know, your name is beautiful, and you don't have to do that every time. I've known you for how long?" Yakaru continues cooking dismissing my glare. He is a friend of my fathers and has taken care of me since i was a little girl. He's the Alfred to my Batman.

"I know but I need some type of authority here to keep my position. So I would need you, an ancient, to show me some authority." as the words escaped my mouth, the girls came down the stairs. Melody was the first come down, but I could sense the other two coming in behind her. They were still in the pj's, which consisted of short shorts and a sports bra. i on the other hand have a t-shirt and flannel pj pants.

"Hey Boss," Melody sleepily walks into the kitchen and sits at the table. I grabbed some plates and placed them at the table for eight people, taking some silverware and napkins and place them in the seats. Melody helps me set the table as the other two girls come and sit at the table.

"What is the dog doing at the oven?" Melody smirks to herself as she crosses her arms and leans back in her chair. Yakaru gives her an icy glare and points his spatula at her.

"You know you should be nicer to me, I can literally eat your plate and my plate and still have room for more. Dont test me." Yakaru smirks and proceeds to finish up the rest of the food. Its true, his appetite never fades. He's always snacking on something.

"Plus we all know you like him. No need to hide it." Thea speaks up and nudges Melody. Chalia smirks at Yakaru with knowing eyes.

"Shut up, Thea. I just can't stand his wet dog smell" Melody glares at Thea and looks down at her lap blushing. Looking over to Yakaru I see a sly smile on his face.'Hmm interesting' I think as I head over to the oven to help bring the food to the table. I look around to see that we are missing a person.

"Has anyone seen Maya?" I look at my crew as they stuff their faces. The girls give me a shake of the head, and continue eating. I look at Yakaru and he points downstairs, where the club is. I get up and walk down the stares and look around the empty club.

"Maya!" I yell. The empty room echoes my voice throughout the building.

"Back here!!" Maya responds and I head toward the back, where the office is. When I arrive I see Maya doing some work at her desk. I fully enter the room she lays back in her chair and stretches, popping some of her back bones. She has dark bags under her eyes, and still has the same clothes from the day before. She must have been up all night.

"Have you been up all night ?" I walk over to Maya's desk and place all the paperwork that needs to be done on my desk that is adjacent to hers.

"Yes", she said plainly following my figure as I walk back and forth trying to get all the papers situated.

"Come, there is breakfast upstairs, but after you eat it's straight to bed, understood" I state in a stern tone. She looks up at me and gives me a nod. She gets up and walks lazily to the door, through the dance floor and up the stairs. We get back up to the kitchen and dig in. After everyone has had their morning fill, I clear my throat to get everyone's attention. They all look up as I begin to speak.