I narrowed my eyes. "I started a mass freak out and blah blah blah. Everyone's gonna be freaking out and all that. I got it Tails."

"What exactly, were you THINKING THEN??!!" He blew up. "What in the actual heck were you THINKING??!!"

I finally pushed passed him, but gently. "It was the only thing I could think of."

"Really??!!" Tails followed me into the kitchen. "Really Sonic??!! The world-wide hero's greatest idea yet!! Oh, do tell how you got that bbriiiilliant idea!!"

"Everyone's gonna think you're crazy!!"

"I know." I said.

"Then why-??!"

"Because this is the only way I know that could keep them safer!!" I whipped around to him. "We can't fight them all off Tails, we can't suddenly multiply ourselves into seven different beings!! I'm not gonna loose people and let them be oblivious that their lives are in danger! You know who they're gonna blame Tails if they do?! Me! Because I didn't try hard enough, or let them know!!" I took a minute to breathe and calm myself. When I did, I closed my eyes for a second, then looked back at him sadly. "It's all I feel like I can do for now."

Tails looked me over silently, then sighed and looked away. "You're still gonna pay a price Sonic. You can't save everyone."

"I know."

"... But I can try."

◽◻⬜⬛◼◾ Normal POV

As you would probably imagine, not only was the world beggining to succumb to chaos after our hero's shocking announcement, but the G.U.N military had been even more so. Soldiers running around and shouting into phones, papers going to and fro, data coming to computers.

The general, walking swiftly through a hallway, shouted out orders to those who awaited them. Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat followed behind him quickly.

"I guess you're not as crazy as I thought you two were." He sighed after ending the call. "There's a strange signal coming from the middle of the sky. And I literally mean the middle. Inside the second to top layer of the atmosphere. We've never seen it before."

"Is it doing anything?" Rouge asked.

"For now, it's just building up. It's invisible, but I'm afraid something might come out of it. Sooner or later." He eyed the two Mobians. "Even so, I'm still having a hard time believing everything. We'll keep an eye on it and we'll keep our troops alert, but don't assume I'm expecting something to happen."

"That's all we ask." Rouge said with a final salute, then let him walk off on his own. She landed next to Shadow. ".. I'm still suprised that he actually believed us."

Shadow turned and walked away without saying anything. Rouge rushed after him after a second. "Where are you going?"

"To clear my head." He replied, and disappeared in a flash of light, leaving Rouge to stand in the middle of the chaotic mess awkwardly.

".. Well, rude much." She muttered, folding her arms and pouting slightly.

◽◻⬜⬛◼◾ Digital World

Glitch walked down a long, narrow corridor with large green, glowing vine-like lights going up and down the walls, whistling a happy, but almost eerie tune that echoed through the hall. Two Pixelated followed behind him. He turned a sudden right, and stopped at two large double doors.

"Ah, here we are~" He sang happily. "The Computer Room."

The Pixelated opened the two doors, which opened to a large, large room that had only one long and wide walkway connecting to the door and the large, circular platform in the middle of the room. There was no floor besides that, only an abyss that if one were to fall off, they would never find the end. The walls were a dark gray, with the same green vines as what the hallway had.

On the circular platform was a half circle with a key pad lodged into the side. The keypad only had a few symbols on it, and two petal-like devices on each side. Power seemed to come from that very thing, thrumming in the entire room.

Glitch approached the keypad slowly, as if marveling its dangerous beauty. He placed a hand on the keypad, and typed in a simple pattern:

1100110

Almost as soon as he typed it, the pad glew, and a split could be seen in the sphere as they slowly fell away, revealing a complex interior filled with wires and lights. One computer chip, the Computer Chip, stood out on a clear, skinny stand.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Glitch almost whispered, seemingly to no one. "The Chip that runs this entire System."

He turned, and met a tigeress's hate-filled glare.

"Not many get to see it." He continued. "You should feel lucky." He dropped his smile. "Especially since this'll be the last time you'll see it. Now," He dropped low to her level. "Tell me how to put it in."

"What makes you think I'd tell you?" Boss growled, almost literally.

"Ugh!" Glitch stood up again. "What else do you want me to do woman?!! I destroyed your base, I made you watch as they were killed in front of you, until you bowed to me! Tell me how to plug it in!!"

"Never."

Glitch narrowed his eyes at her. "I don't have time for this. Take her away. Kill them. Kill them all."

One of the Pixelated grabbed hold of Boss, and dragged her away roughly. She didn't struggle, didn't cry out. Only accepted her fate as it was, as long as it would keep their two worlds safe from his hands.

◽◻⬜⬛◼◾ Sonic's POV

Amy, Tails and I were sitting on the couch when we heard a sudden knock on our door.

Amy got up to open it and we followed. When she opened it, we saw a rather excited looking Territory in front of us,  beaming with joy.

"Guys," She announced. "I know how to defeat Glitch."