[ publicity ]

A Jaele one shot ~

Jaces POV

I walked onto set and greeted everyone along the way to my dressing room. I haven't seen Riele yet which is strange, she's usually here earlier than me.

I walked into my dressing room and got the fright of my life when I saw Riele sitting on my dressing room couch.

"Jeez, Riele, you scared me bad!" I said to her.

I walked up to her and gave her a big bear hug, and she hugged me back.

"Sorry Jace, I was just gonna give you back your jacket from yesterday night." Riele explained, handing me my green bomber jacket.

I had to stop and think for a minute, how did she get my jacket?

Oh wait, I walked home from set with Riele yesterday, and since she was so cold I lended her my jacket.

I know what your thinking, such a cheesy move, but she appreciated it.

"Thanks Rie. So, you wanna hang out in her until Dan calls us?" I said, really hoping she would say yes.

"Sure" She said as I plopped down on my couch next to her.

We just sat there, spoke, laughed and stared into each other's eyes for a few minutes, until I heard a loud knocking sound on my door.

"Hey Jace, hey Riele. Um, Jace can I speak with you for a quick sec?" Dan asked after he opened my door.

"Uh, yea ok." I said as I got up and looked back at Rie and shrugged. She looked just as confused as me.

Me and Dan stood outside my dressing room door as he shut it. He looked back at me with mixed emotions.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked curiously to Dan.

"So, um, Henry Danger has been losing numbers.. as in... we are losing viewers." Dan said nervously.

"Wait what? Why?" I asked in shock.

"People are saying that there isn't enough drama in the show, and too much action." Dan explained.

"But, the show is about superheroes, of course it's about action. How can we add more drama?" I asked.

"Well, what better way to have drama than a relationship? People can relate to it, and there will be loads of drama." Dan said, I stood there speechless for a few seconds.

"So, you want Henry to have another girlfriend?" I didn't really know where he was going with this.

"No. I was thinking that you could have a girlfriend! That way people can relate with you and watch our show!" Dan said excitedly.

"You want me to have a girlfriend? But who?" I don't like where he is going with this. He's not going to say the person I want him to say. This could go two ways, he either says Riele and I would be over the moon, or someone else...

That's right guys, I kinda like Riele. So I'm hoping Dan is reading my mind here.

"Well, I've been contacting Daniella lately..."

Goddammit.

{ A/N: if u don't know who Daniella is, she is one of Jaces close friends. She vlogs with jace all the time. Btw , I don't hate her :) back to the story ... }

"And I have explained do Dani what I have just explained to you, and I asked if she would be willing to date you, even if it's fake. She said she's down, now it's just up to you." Dan said as I just stood there like I have seen a ghost.

How am I meant to respond to this? I'm not even into Dani, she's like a sister to me. I'm into Riele! I can't date, or even fake date someone who I'm not in love with. I want to save our show, but I can't lie.

"Dan, I don't know..."

"Oh come on Jace! It's to save our show! Just fake it till you make it, dude. Plus, it will be great publicity."

No way can I date a girl just for publicity! I'm not that sort of person, and Dan can't force me to be that person.

"Just let me think about it." I lied, as I looked down. I already made up my mind, and it was a no, but I need time to think about other alternatives.

"Sure kid, just let me know as soon as possible, K?" He asked, I nodded, then he walked away.

I opened my dressing room door and shut it behind me as I walked in. Riele looked up from her phone, still looking as gorgeous as when I left.

"What was all that about?" She asked as I sat back down next to her.

I explained everything to her. She was just as shocked as me.

"But they can't force you to date someone if you don't want to date them... unless, you want to date Dani?" She said, looking away from me, almost like she didn't wanna hear the answer.

"I don't." I said, and her head swung back up fast to look at me again.

"What do you mean? Dani is so pretty, and hot, and kind, and you guys get along so well." She said, putting her head down once again.

"I said I dont want to because I'm into someone else."

"Who?" She simply asked, I just stared at her and smiled.

Our intimate moment was ruined by Dan knocking on my door, once again, as we had to go shoot an episode.

Me and Riele left my dressing room in silence. Did she get the hint? Or did I just make an embarrassing mistake?

~ Time skip to after the cast finished shooting ~

"And that's a wrap!" Dan shouted as we all whooped and cheered.

Me and Riele still haven't gotten to speak after this morning yet, since we have been acting all day.

Now is my chance to go talk to her, she's alone on her phone near the exit. Oh no, she's about to leave.

I run over to her and she looks up at me. Just as I am about to speak, Dan comes walking up to us.

"Hey kids, great job today. Um, Jace, have you thought about our conversation earlier?" Dan asked.

"Uh, yea. My answers no." I stated, and I was scared.

"I'm sorry, what?" Dan chuckled and was in awe.

"I don't want to fake date someone for publicity that I'm not into, when I can date someone for real that I really... really like." I replied and looked at Riele standing next to me, and she smiled back.

"I want to date Riele. It will be real and I really like her, and I wouldn't fake a thing." I turned my full attention to Rie.

"Really jace? I like you too." Riele said, and I felt like I was melting.

I looked to my side to see that Dan had left, but I'm pretty sure he got the hint.

Then, I grabbed Riele's hand and asked her the question I have been dying to ask her,

"Will you go out with me?"

"Of course." She replied and hugged me.

While we were hugging, she whispered in my ear "I love you."

And I replied back, "I love you too."

Hey guys , my ones shots book is finally up, hope u enjoyed the first one shot! If u haven't already checked out my completed Chenry book, pls go check it out, it's called "lies". Bye guys, pls vote, comment and follow 💗 stay tuned for the next one shot x