22

Melody

My nerves are still on fire about what just happened with Kaiden but I don't care I couldn't be happier. Of course I texted Daniel for a drive, I have the right. If Kaiden doesn't want to see my worth then I'll just go around him. I'd rather sit here with my new friends then suffocate from another awkward car ride.

I'm sitting in the back seat with Sarah whose dressed in a white t-shirt and yellow overalls, when I finally came down to the car Daniel was shushing her tears. A little while later she fell asleep, so now it's just me and Daniel but I'm glad he's giving me my silence.

We pull up to the school soon enough and I could care less how Kaiden gets here. I have bigger things to tackle today, like proving my right to be me. To be able to be a little and an absolute mess. People pick on me for being little, judge me for Kaiden, and whisper about my backbone. Well I may not have it like Daniel and Sarah but that doesn't mean I'm a bad little.

Today this University learns that I'm a little who doesn't have it together but is still standing.

Parking the car Daniel gets out and heads toward Sarah's door. Carefully opening the door not to wake her, he starts to unbuckle her car seat. She squirms and whines but he just picks her up and lays her on his shoulders. I watch from across the seat realizing that he's got his hands full and I'll have to get myself out. Doing so I look on a little sad at how careful he is with her, even while juggling... a diaper bag?

The hell..

Shaking the thought away I hop out and we make our way inside with a sleeping Sarah. It's still early and only a few people have classes in the morning so we head to the university's cafe. When we get closer I see an increase in people and start to get nervous. I catch a glimpse at Daniel and see he has a free hand, and I am tempted to grab it. But he's not my Daddy.

Swallowing the lump in my throat I straightened my back and kept walking, letting all the eyes rest on my cute outfit. There were the usual giggles, faces of curiosity and surprisingly some looks of...interest? I shrugged it off either way and followed Dan to the cafe counter.

Daniel ordered himself a large cappuccino and Sarah a milk carton. I wondered what she'd want with just a milk carton this early.. no coffee? I started to just take a look at some of the beverages and breakfast they had to offer. I noticed some apple juice and an instant oatmeal. Taking some cash out I ordered those two.

By the time I made it back to the table Daniel had woken a fussy Sarah up. When she saw me she smiled and said "Gwoodmornin".

I laughed and said "Goodmorning Sarah"

"Order for a cappuccino and milk!"
"Order for an oatmeal and apple juice!"

Daniel stood up to get the food and told Sarah he'd be right back, she nodded and waited. Maybe she was still tired because she didn't say a word just watched him walk away and get the food.

When he came back my oatmeal was steaming and smelled delicious. I peaked up and saw Sarah reaching for her milk carton and Daniel stopped her.

"But I want!"

"Just one second baby, daddy's gonna get it"

"No seconds! I want!" Sarah cried.

Daniel just turned and gave her a look which made her look away with a pout. She popped a pacifier, that was clipped to her shirt, into her mouth. Daniel was steady pulling out things from that diaper bag.. He had a bag of mini muffins and then, this made me go wide eyed, he pulled out a bottle!

It was a bottle, for a baby!

But bigger..

He unscrewed the top, opened her milk and poured it into the bottle. By the time he was finished Sarah was whining and reaching again. I saw him push her hands down, take her pacifier out, and bring the bottle to her lips. Then she closed her eyes and started sucking like it was no big deal.

By now more people were in the cafe. Looking.

I stared on in shock until Daniel asked her if she wanted a muffin, she nodded her head and he pulled one out and fed it to her. Every now and then telling her to "chew slow".

Trying to get myself together I look down at my food and juice. I see the smoke from my oatmeal is dying down so I dig in. Grabbing my spoon I go ahead and scoop some into my mouth.

Bad idea.

It was burning hot! I had a big lump of hot oatmeal in my mouth and started fanning my mouth. Daniel and Sarah finally looked my way, wondering what the hell I was doing. Once I forced it down my eyes were watering and my tongue burned. I coughed a bit and chugged my juice. Grabbing the attention of a few I just leaned back in my chair and gave up on breakfast.

Sitting there watching Sarah and Daniel wondering why it can't be that easy for me.

•An Update🎉🎉🎉🎉
•100 Years Later!
•Enjoy!