5

There I was, staring wide eyed at my boyfriend as he went to confront my bully. We had never been in this situation before so whatever was going on scared me. All I could see around me were people looking at us, me while I stood their stuck. My already puffy eyes started to glisten, I just wanted us to go home and away from this mess.

Watching as Kaiden got closer and closer to the boy and his friends I began to worry. They could hurt him! They were all so big, maybe they were the football team and I'd just sent him over there.

Quickly I started to jog in that direction but I was too late.

"Hey boys, look like boyfriends come to save the day." The disgusting boy sneered, still picking on me.

"What did you say to my girlfriend." Kaiden was furious and he was only a few steps from the boy now.

Not answering, the boy and his friends started laughing. Ignoring Kaiden completely but he wasn't having it. Out of nowhere Kiaden rushed towards him, pulling him up by his jacket and slamming him onto the hood of the car. I was completely freaking out because one, I've never seen him this way, and second, he was standing up for me.

"Did you call Melody a slut?" He growled catching the boy by surprise but he just wouldn't stop.

Smiling, "Yea, that's all she is anyways. A little pet, oh, a little bitch too-"

Kaiden punched him square in the jaw. I swore I heard something crack and I was running towards Kaiden afraid the boys friends would retaliate.

"If anyone else has something to say about my girl, say it to me! Got it?" Kaiden yelled in a frightening tone. I didn't like when he yelled like that, it scared me. He was staring directly at the idiot friends who seemed taken aback.

Once he felt me tugging on his arm, Kaiden quickly picked me up, ignoring my still wet face and started to walk towards his car.

"Don't worry, no one will ever bother you again baby." He said into my ear, kissing it.

I felt so confused, even frightened at what had just happened. Kaiden never acts this way but I didn't care, I didn't want to be anywhere away from him so I rested my head into his neck.

As we reached his car people started to direct there eyes towards a bruised and broken idiot with his friends. I started to feel a little smug because that big meanie got what he deserved.

I felt Kaiden open one of his car doors but I was surprised when I felt him putting me in the seat.

"No, I don't want to sit in the back!" I whined pushing his hands away.

"Melody, not now," he gave me this strong look, "put your hands down."

Telling from his glare I knew he wasn't to be messed with, so I stopped budging. I let him put on my seat belt and close the door, knowing people saw me get put in the back seat.

My cheeks were burning red as we pulled off from my most absolutely humiliating day. I started to nibble on my thumb nail trying to make myself feel better.

Kaiden must have caught my mood because he kept peeking in the rear view mirror.

"I love you baby, your my girl." I looked up to see him staring at me with the most love in his eyes, and even after today, I felt myself smile.

•thanks for reading!