1

Another day, another six hours in that hell hole they called school.

Curtis got out of the bed with a sigh and looked out his window. The weather was good but whether it rained or not it didn't matter because he never went to school in anything other than his car.

But then he remembered how his mother loved the rain

One of the most vivid memories was the day he came walking home in the rain with no raincoat or umbrella.His mom had been waiting, sitting on the front porch ready to pick him up from the school bus.

But on that particular day, he had been late to come out and the bus had left.

His mom had come running towards him with the umbrella.Once he was under, the both of them stared at each other.

It was like a mother and son telepathy moment.

And next thing you know the two of them were jumping up and down in mud puddles and dancing in the rain.

Curtis smiled to himself remembering the sweet memory but bitterness won over.

She was gone and he had failed as a son. 

I didn't deserve to be happy, thought Curtis.

Letting out a sigh he went downstairs with his backpack.As he walked towards the kitchen the sweet aroma of food immediately reached his nose.

"Good morning," said his aunt with a huge smile giving him a kiss on the forehead.He was six foot two so Rose had to reach his head down to her level.

"Good morning Rose," he said

"I made toast, egg and your favouri-"

"Sorry I really can't eat, I'm not hungry," said Curtis looking elsewhere.

"Oh okay," said Rose with disappointment cladding her hands.Curtis closed his eyes, not wanting to see that look on her face.

I'm always going to be a disappointment, he told himself.

The question was when will his aunt stop trying?

"Have a good day in school hon-" started Rose

But he was already gone.

...

Curtis got out of his car and walked in through the hallway, pulling his hoodie over his head.He felt eyes on him but he ignored the stares.

Suddenly someone whacked his head. With a murderous expression, Curtis turned to pound on the person but he held himself back when he saw who it was; the one and only Jake joker.

Curtis turned and glared at his best friend Jake.

"What the fuck man?" growled Curtis, annoyed.

"Loosen up baby, Jake the great is the house," said Jake doing a weird wiggling dance move.

Curtis muttered an incoherent under his breath, questioning his best friend's existence. But the truth was he knew he wouldn't have been able to live up to this day if it wasn't for him and Rose.He was the one friend who stood by him through for most of his life.

And Curtis was forever grateful but the guy could be a major pain in the ass at times.

"So there's a party tonight at-"

"No" snapped Curtis

"Come on think of the hot-"

"I said no"

"-and the food man the food's gonna be great plus there's-"

Curtis balled his fists

"-aaand they are gonna have.."

"I said no Jake, no is gonna be a no"

Jake walked in front of his best friend and turned around, staring at him with a stoic expression.

"This is our last year in high school and you've never even been to at least one par-"

"I went to Fiona's-"

"That was like seven months ago," said Jake, crossing his arms.

Curtis rolled his eyes in response.

"You know I've never asked anything from you through our entire friendship so this once could you please do it for-"

"Fine"

"Bitch what did you say"asked Jake staring at his friend in disbelief.

"I'm not going to repeat myself"

Jake still looked at Curtis, mesmerized.

Then he started poking his cheek to see if he was real

poke

poke

poke

pok--

Curtis finally swatted his hand away and glared, really annoyed at his best friend's ridiculous behavior.

"I-i can't believe this you-i oh my this is fucking history yo" said Jake laughing hysterically

Curtis shook his head and walked to his locker ignoring the maggot next to him.

Then he heard a deafening whistle that made the whole hallway go quiet.

"YOOO MOUTHERTRUCKERS PARTY AT MY PLACE WITH THE ONE AND ONLY CURTIS FLOYD SO GET YOUR ASSES OVER THERE BY NINE 

 LADIES YOU ALL WELCOME TO ENTER FREELY

MEN YOU HAVE TO-JUST KIDDING 

THIS GONNA BE THE PARTY OF THE CENTURY

ARE.YOU.REAAADYYYYYY?"

The whole hallway started interrupted in cheers.

Curtis counted to ten. 

Jake had lied.

There was no party, to begin with he had just organized one right then and there.

Just as Curtis was going to punch the idiot he heard the shrill of the old savage woman  shouting at Jake saying "DETENTION"

Served that 'mothertrucker' right, thought Curtis.