let's play 8 ball!

~michael pov~

today was absolutely incredible.

damn, I really like this girl.

like, a lot.

from start to finish, the whole day was full of fun, laughter, and getting to know each other.

but now we have to leave to continue our tour and I have no idea when I'll get to see her again.

"michael, are you good bro?" drew asks, snapping me back into reality. I grab my notebook and pen sitting next to me, suddenly getting the urge to write a few lines.

"yea, I'm um - just thinking, I guess," I say, scribbling down a few words. we're currently in the van, driving to our next show since it's too close to fly. I pull out my phone and open my messages. I tap on camden's name and see three dots, indicating she's typing, so I wait to see what she sends.

thank you so much for today, I had so much fun
be sure to find me if you're ever in kc again :)

I wish I didn't have to leave, but you can bet that this wasn't the last time we hang out ;)

*gamepigeon - let's play 8 ball!*

michael conor, I hope you're prepared to lose because it's inevitable tbh

oh, it's so on

three rounds later, camden hits in the 8 ball and I have two balls left. crap.

that was 100% luck. we're playing again

*gamepigeon - let's play 8 ball!*

awww michael's a sore loser how cute. time for round 2

*I won!*

woah I didn't even get to shoot what the

🤷🏻‍♀️🏆 I got skillzzzz

😂😂

after an hour of playing imessage games with camden, we get to st. louis for our next concert. I say goodbye to cam and prepare for the show with the other guys.

~cam pov~

as the aroma of dinner floods my bedroom, I head downstairs to the kitchen. I walk in and find izzie, my dad, and my mom chatting and cooking.

"cam, can you set the table? dinner will be ready in five," my mom says and I nod my head, getting plates out of the cabinet. a sudden silence falls over the room and I look at my family, confused as to what happened.

"are you going to address the elephant in the room, camden?" izzie asks, and I raise my eyebrows for her to explain, even though I know exactly what she's talking about.

"oh, you know, just YOUR DATE WITH THE MICHAEL CONOR!" she finishes yelling, causing me to laugh.

"it was fun," I start, a smile immediately forming on my face. "we walked around, we talked, we ate lunch. but like you said, he's michael conor. that's probably the last time I ever see him," I finish.

my parents suddenly make very apparent eye contact, and izzie and I do the same thing, wondering what they know that they haven't told us. I see my dad nod at my mom.

"so we have big news, and now seems like the right time," she starts, instantly making me anxious as to what the news could be. "how would you girls feel about moving? say, california?"

no way.

what.

do you know who lives in california?

that's right.

conor michael smith.

I look at izzie and she has a huge smile on her face, very similar to mine.

"we had thought we'd stay at this military base until your dad retired, but his boss said they need us in california. we're scheduled to move in six weeks," she finishes.

"I just have one question," izzie says as soon as our mom is done talking. "how close is the base to LA?"

"eh, like an hour ish," she answers.

izzie and I both scream of excitement and share a hug.

like michael said, it's crazy how fate works.

a/n: this chapter started as a filler then said "skrt skrt" and changed this whole story in a way I didn't even see coming wow. again, thanks for reading :)