pinch me, I must be dreaming

~camden pov~ 

I awake abruptly to a light shining through my window. I turn over to see my clock read 10:03. jumping out of bed from excitement, I embarrassingly skip to the bathroom to take a shower.

after an hour of getting ready, including my 1700 outfit changes, I'm content with how I look and head down the stairs. taylor is laying on the couch since she brought my car back this morning and izzie is laying next to her on her phone, more than likely texting brady. they haven't even known each other for 24 hours but she said she knows they're meant to be. yea, right.

"what do you guys think?" I ask them, twirling in my short, flowy, maroon dress. I may or may not have almost tripped in my wedges during that twirl.

"you look great cam, have fun, be safe, yaddie yada," izzie responds, putting her phone down and standing up to give me a hug. "and remember, never give it up on the first date," she says and winks.

"izzie!" I yell, smacking her on the arm. we all laugh, knowing she was completely kidding. "I'm meeting michael in 30 minutes, so I'm going to head out. see you guys later," I say and walk out the front door to my car. 

I sit down, buckle up, plug in my phone, and turn on my favorite playlist. it has everything from in real life to big sean, and that's range. I blast the volume to keep myself from overthinking what might happen today. belting justin beiber definitely helps keep my mind off all the embarrassing things I could do.

before I know it, siri tells me I have arrived at my destination. I look to my left to see michael leaning against a brick building. looking very, very hot, I may add.

I roll down my window and shout his name, causing him to jump a little, then give me a smile. I park my car in the closest spot and walk over to him. 

"you look - wow, that dress is-" he takes a deep breath and gathers himself. "great. you look great," he finally finishes, and I blush at his compliment and how he stumbled over his words. 

"so the restaurant is right there," he says, pointing to a small seafood place I've never eaten at before. he takes my hand and we start walking towards it.

I am currently holding hands with michael conor. someone pinch me.

the next thing I know my mouth starts running. cue the embarrassing moments I was afraid of.

"okay can I just say how crazy this is. last night I was a fan at your concert and today we're going out on a date. this kind of stuff only happens in movies," I state.

"it's crazy how fate works, isn't it?" he responds with a smirk. 

seriously, someone pinch me, I must be dreaming.

we enter the restaurant and we're immediately seated at a table. we sit in comfortable silence for a few moments while we both look at the menu, then a waiter comes and asks us for our order.

"ladies first, of course," michael says and motions at me to order.

"um, can I have the grilled shrimp, please," I order, looking at michael for his order, but instead he smiles and gives a small laugh. 

"great minds think alike, I'll have the same thing," he says, not taking his eyes off of me. I smile and melt into his blue eyes, happy he put in his contacts. 

we continue talking and flirting until our food comes, the conversation natural and not at all forced. I could get used to this, but I always remember that he's leaving for tour tonight so I can't become accustomed to it. no matter how much I may want to.

I take a bite of my food, a disgusted look coming over my face. I look at michael to see him have the same reaction. 

"that, um. it's not very good," he whispers, and I nod in agreement. "wanna go somewhere else?" he asks, laughing, probably at the disgust on my face. he leaves money on the table and we walk out towards his car, or I guess his band's van. I see someone sitting in the driver seat, waving at us when he sees us coming towards him. 

michael opens the door of the van, motioning for me to go in, and bows. I curtsey and climb inside, my face becoming pink from blushing. 

michael sits down and types in something on his phone, then gives it to the driver, so I'm assuming it was an address. he takes my hand again, intertwining our fingers.

"I promise you'll like this next place," he says, making me smile. honestly, who am I kidding? everything he says makes me smile or giggle. hopefully michael finds it cute because I do it a lot.

I look through the window as we pull into my second home, chick-fil-a. I'm pretty sure that eating my favorite food with michael conor is literally my dream date and I could not be anymore excited.

"you said last night that you liked chick-fil-a more than chipotle, so here we are," he says with a smile. he opens the car door, gets out, then offers his hand while I get out, which I gladly accept, and we walk hand in hand into the restaurant.