let's hang again :)

~michael pov~

as we walk out of the restaurant, I take a look at my phone for the first time in what feels like forever. camden and I hit it off so I never felt the need to look at it. I'm not gonna lie, this girl was special. she was aware of who I was but didn't let it scare or faze her, something that has never happened to me in this short journey so far. all I know is I want to get to know her more.

but shit.

it's 12:35.

I was supposed to facetime my sister kaitlyn at 12:30 since I figured I would be back at the hotel by then. I typically would just text her to cancel, but I did that the last two times so I can't cancel again.

I was so flustered that I don't even remember what I said to camden, I just hope it wasn't something stupid. all I remember is running to the van and texting kaitlyn to tell her I didn't forget, I was just running late.

when I open my phone in the van, the first thing I see is camden's profile, causing me to smile. I like her most recent picture, which is of her and izzie before the concert tonight. I comment "hope tonight was fun, so nice getting to meet y'all. let's hang again :)"

I text from kaitlyn reminds me to text her, but she beat me to it, obviously.

let me guess, you have to cancel. again.

no, I was just about to text you, I'm omw to the hotel now. 10 minutes I promise

good. I miss you conor.

I miss you too. so much. 9 minutes now :)

you're such a dork I swear

we get to the hotel and I run up to the room and call kaitlyn, smiling when I see my whole family on my screen.

~camden pov~

"and then he just ran," I finish, explaining what happened with michael to taylor and izzie. taylor puts the car in drive and we start on our way home. we decided it was too late to get my car, so we'll wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

"I'm sorry cam, that sucks," izzie says, "but guess who got some digits tonight?" she finishes, showing us a text between her and brady.

"oh my gosh, izzie, that's so awesome! I ship brizzie," taylor says and I nod in agreement. her phone dings, and she blushes immediately. almost simultaneously, my phone also vibrates.

*michaelbmoc commented: "hope tonight was fun, so nice getting to meet y'all. let's hang again :)"*

"so maybe I was wrong," I start, looking up to see taylor and izzie give me confused looks.

"michaelbmoc commented: hope tonight was fun, so nice getting to meet y'all. let's hang again. smiley face," I read aloud to them, a wide smile appearing across my face.

"cam, you need to dm him. like, right now. ahhhh, I can't believe this is happening," taylor says, squealing at the end and we all laugh. I tap on his profile and click the "message" button.

"um, w-what do I even say? I think I should wait and let him text first,"

"NO," izzie and taylor yell in unison.

"okay, okay, calm down I'll text him," I respond defensively.

let's hang again :)

I type the message and show them for approval. they both nod and smile, so I tap the send button.

and now we wait.

"so what's going on with brizzie?" I ask, trying to not think about michael.

"oh, um, brady is currently explaining why realists is the best fandom name. little does he know I already heard his argument on the live stream," she answers and rolls her eyes jokingly. "he also said that michael forgot he had to facetime his family. that's why he left in such a hurry."

I thank her and nod my head, looking down at my phone. I can't help but smile while I scroll through his instagram, spamming his unliked pictures with likes while I wait.