Chapter 21

Faith's POV
The whole way to the hospital, I'm squeezing Luke's hand. Jason and Brittany were nice enough to keep the boys with them until Leclaire can get here. Luke, finally, pulls up to the hospital doors and a couple nurses come out to help me out of the truck. "I gotta go park the truck baby. I'm right behind you." He says and I nod my head as I try to breathe. The nurses quickly get me in a room and it's not long before Luke comes in. "How ya holdin' up baby?" He asks coming to sit next to me on the bed. "I've never felt any pain like this in my life, but other than that, I'm doing good." I tell him with a smile. The doctor comes in and does her thing, and tells. E that I'm at 5cm. I'm halfway there but still have a long way to go.

Luke's POV
We have been at the hospital for several hours now, and it's almost midnight. The nurse just finished checking Faith, and she is barely at 7cm. The doctor put her in oxygen about an hour ago because she was having a hard time breathing. "Faith, we are going to give you an epidural and get you prepped for a c-section. I know this wasn't part of your plan, but the baby is becoming stressed and isn't moving down." The doctor informs us when she comes back in the room. I can tell Faith is scared as she nods her head and begins crying. "It'll be ok baby. It will all be worth it once the baby is here and she is healthy." I tell her reassuringly as I lean down and kiss her forehead. The nurse comes in with the epidural and it's not long before we head to the operating room.

She's here. Our daughter is here. Skylar Quinn Bryan is the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen. I'm in the nursery with Skylar, giving her her first bath, while they get Faith situated in a room. I have my phone out recording the first bath, when I get a text from Mama. I tell her to bring the boys up here so they can meet their baby sister. "Do y'all want her in the room Mr. Bryan?" A nurse asks me. "Yes please. Her big brothers and MawMaw will be here soon."

Faith's POV
I'm waiting in my room for Luke and Skylar. I can't believe that I finally have a baby girl. After what feels like forever, the door opens and I see Luke come in with a nurse following close behind with baby Skylar. "Mama is in her way with Bo and Tate. You feel up to a couple visitors?" Luke asks as he walks over to me. I nod my head and then ask him to hand me the baby. Thirty minutes later, Leclaire walks in with the boys. "Boys, this is your baby sister Skylar Quinn." Luke says as he takes the baby and goes to sit on the couch with the boys. Bo and Tate each take a turn holding Skylar, before Leclaire finally gets her chance. "My sweetest and one of the most beautiful granddaughters in the whole world." She says, kissing the baby's forehead. My eyes start to get heavy, and as I close my eyes to rest, I can't help but smile because I am completely blessed.