"What happened to my baby?" She slowly weeped beside the bed and just kept holding Haeven's hand.

After a couple of minutes Haeven stirred and looked over to Rory. "Mommy!" She said, not at all as energetic as her usual self. She began crying as she realized she was in a different and unfamiliar place. "Daddy!" Haeven reached out to Jess then back at Rory, not knowing who to cry for.

"Shh, honey it's okay." Jess comforted. "The doctors are going to take care of you."

"I'm scared." She sat up, to go over into her dad's arms.

"Oh baby, I know. I'm sorry. But you need to lie down so you can get better really fast."

"How are we doing?" A nurse came in, holding a needle and a stuffed puppy.

"Pretty good, she's just nervous." Rory said, noticing her daughter's eyes as she saw the needle.

"I need to take some blood, to see her levels and make sure there's nothing wrong with the hemoglobin or thyroid." She handed the puppy to Haeven who had already began anxiously crying.

"No!" She screamed as she saw the needle. "No, momma!"

"Haeven, she has to do this. It's just going to be a small prick, okay?"

"Yes." The nurse added. "It's barely going to hurt. Just lay really still and look at mommy."

Rory went to the opposite side of the bed and held Haeven's gaze. "Squeeze my hand, and squeeze daddy's, okay?"

"Kay." The small toddler was staring straight into Rory's eyes, finding complete comfort and reassurance that she wouldn't let go of her hand.

"One, two, three..." The nurse stuck the needle in and Haeven let out a small cry but remained focused on her parents.

Rory picked up the puppy. "Hi, Haeven. What a big girl you are!"

Haeven laughed, tears still glistening in her eyes.

"All done!" The nurse said and handed her a smiley face sticker. "You're one of my best patients!"

"Did I do good?" She asked, genuinely hoping to please her parents.

"You did wonderful! Such a brave girl you are." Jess congratulated.

"I'm not even that brave." Rory joked.

Haeven laughed and poked at the hello kitty bandaid that was now covering the small puncture.

"Don't poke at it or it won't get better."

"Okay."

"Someone misses you." Logan came in, holding the twins. "Two someones miss you."

"Hi there my little babies." Rory grabbed Rosalyn and Jess got Adley.

*****

After a couple of hours, they got the test results back on Haeven's condition.

"Can you two come here." The doctor said as he entered the room. "Results."

Rory and Jess followed him into another room and Logan stayed in the room Haeven.

"We have wonderful news. Haeven has absolutely nothing wrong with her."

At that moment, Rory felt a giant weight lifted up off of her chest.

"We're guessing she got overheated and wasn't drinking enough water. She can go home."

Jess thanked the doctor and they went to check out Haeven.

"Thank you Logan for taking care of Haeven and taking her directly to the hospital." Rory said as she went and hugged him.

Jess extended a hand. "Yeah. Thanks, man."

"It's no problem. But I'm really sorry that this happened, I offered her water and even a little snack but she didn't want either." Logan said.

"It's not your fault, she seems to ignore things like that sometimes." Rory picked up her daughter who was growing tired. She reached into her bag and got out a $20. "It's the least I can do..."

"No, Rory. It's fine. It was honestly fun to hang out with her, she's the sweetest. Bye, guys. Take care. Bye Haeven, bye Rosalyn and Adley." Logan waved and headed off.

"Bye bye." Haeven waved her little hand.

*****