Chapter Four Part One

**WARNING: Spoilers. If you have not seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier, do not continue. Read at your own risk**
I was told to wait on the roof of some building while Sam got some dude for questioning. They came not long after I got up there. I recognized the man. He was an agent at S.H.I.E.L.D. Steve threw Jasper to the ground and he stumbled back up.
"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve demanded.
"Never heard of him," he lied.
"What were you doing on the Lumarium Star?" Steve pushed.
"I was throwing up. I get sea sick." He almost fell off the side of the building, but Steve caught him. I stood from my sitting position and walked over. Steve grabbed him by the suit and lifted him up.
"Is this little displayment to insinuate that you can throw me off the roof?" Jasper asked. "Cause it's really not your style, Rodgers."
"You're right. It's not," Steve began while putting Jasper down and smoothing out his suit. "It's hers." Natasha kicked him in the stomach, sending him off the building.
"Oh wait, what about that girl from accounting. Lora?" Natasha said.
"Lillian," Steve corrected.
"Yeah she's cute," I put in.
"Yeah. I'm not ready for that," Steve said. Sam came up with his wings and Jasper in tow. He dropped him on the roof and we walked up to him. Jasper let everything spill. We were apparently targets and a threat to HYDRA.
"Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past. Predicting their future," he explained.
"What then?" Steve asked.
"Oh my God, Pierce is gonna kill me," Jasper stated.
"What then?" I asked. Sam grabbed Jasper by the back of the suit.
"Then the insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."
We were in Sam's car on the free way towards headquarters.
"HYRDA doesn't like leaks," Jasper said from my left.
"Then why don't you put a cork in it," Sam said. Natasha leaned forward from my right. She said something to Steve, then he replied, causing Jasper to erupt. I wasn't paying attention because someone's thoughts entered my mind. They were dark, and I couldn't exactly see them clearly. Just then, the window next to Jasper shattered and he was yanked out of the car. Someone was on top of our car. They shot a bullet through the ceiling and Natasha and I ducked. Natasha climbed into Steve's lap in the passenger seat. Sam quickly put the car in reverse, sending the person who was on the roof to fly forward. I watched the man summersault and land on his knees. He had a metal arm. The Winter Soldier.
In that moment, I swore everyone froze and held their breath. We all watched as he slowly stood and stared at our car. I yelled out in pain as a car rammed us from the back. They were driving us forward, towards this master assassin who continued to stand in our lane. He jumped up, landing on our roof again. Sam slammed on the breaks in an attempt to throw him off again, but it didn't work. The guy's metal arm came crashing through the windshield and he grasped the steering wheel. With one pull, he yanked it off completely.
"Damn," Sam cursed. Natasha found her gun and started shooting the ceiling. They rammed us again, causing us to slam into the barrier and roll. Steve put his shield against the car door and told us to hold on. Natasha held onto Steve and Sam on top of her. I couldn't climb over in time, so I ejected myself out of the window. I rolled onto the road and gasped. My left arm was in some serious pain, but I shook it off. I tried standing, but it caused a wave of pain to erupt through my whole body. I watched as the Winter Soldier retrieved a larger gun and point it at Steve. It hit his shield and sent him flying over the bridge and into the road below. I heard car horns and a crash down below. The next sound I heard were gun shots. They were approaching me.
Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. They were Bucky's dog tags. I had to get them, but that would mean having to reveal my cover, and risk further injury. I ran and dove for them. I hid behind another car, cautiously peaking my head out from the side. The windows shattered and I moved under the car. I heard them firing away from me, so I scooted back out. I watched them shoot at Tasha who was in the other lane, dodging cars. Another explosion was shot which caused her to fall off the bridge also. I didn't know what to do or where to go. They would find me if I stayed here. I jumped off the bridge to find Natasha. I saw her running down the street and I followed. I looked behind to see the Winter Soldier jump off the bridge and land perfectly on his feet. I turned a corner and hide in an alley between two buildings. Three guys were there smoking pot.
"Hey pretty lady. Who you running from?" One asked as they all started to advance towards me. I snatched up an empty liquor bottle and smashed it against the man's head. It broke and I stabbed one other with the glass. The third tried grabbing me, but I ducked and slammed his head against the brick wall. The first, the one who spoke to me, looked up at me.
"Damn. Sexy and violent. Wonder how you'd do in bed," he said with a smirk on his face.
"Shut up," I said before punching him in the face, knocking him out. I got the chills and shivered. I felt violated and like I had to take a shower. I carefully looked out past the corner and saw it was clear. I stepped out slowly and tried to look casual.
An explosion happened a couple feet in front of me, and I ducked. I saw Natasha jump out from hiding towards the Winder Soldier. He was quick to take her down, but before he could shoot her, she threw some sort of taser disk that attached to his metal arm. She got up and ran, however he followed her. I then followed and saw him shoot her in the left shoulder. She fell to the ground and hid herself behind a car. He aimed at her again, but Steve ran towards him. The Winter Soldier punched his shield and a large vibration occurred.
Those two went at it, giving me time to run over to Tasha. I looked around for something like a cloth, but figured my hoodie would have to do. I removed it quickly and applied it to the wound. I put as much pressure on it as I could without hurting her while I watched Steve fight this guy. It terrified me how skilled he was. He had fast reflexes and was quick to react to anything Steve did. Steve seemed to have the upper hand for a moment, but that didn't last long.
"Stay right here," I told Tasha. Not that she would move, but I honestly didn't know what else to say. I slowly started walking towards Steve to help. I stopped in my tracks when Steve threw him back, and the Winter Soldier fell causing his mask to fall off. He stood and looked back at us and my heart stopped. I gasped and my whole body froze.
"Bucky?"