2. Husband and wife.

*5 years earlier*

"Jack let me introduce you to Shade Johnson. Shade this is Jack McLane, your partner."
Chief McKay announced.

The new pair stared at each other from head to toe.

Interesting! He thought.
Embarrassing! She pursed her lips.

"I work alone!" They both objected in unison.

What a good pair! McKay thought to himself. They already are on the same page.

"Sorry guys but we need you both this time. We have some jeopardized interests in Paris. A branch of the Calabrese's mafia from New York threatens an operation of dismantling of weapons and drugs deal. Our contacts on the spot who have been working undercover for nearly a year just fucked up. They're off. You will fly to Paris and keep an eye on what the fuck is going on down there and report your French counterpart. Nothing really hard. Sneaking in the clubs the Italians regularly attend, keeping a watch on the big shots and their whereabouts, noting down addresses and acquaintanceships, reporting to French competent authorities. Like a walk through a meadow for you both."

Chief McKay stopped his speech and looked at his two recruits.
The man seemed bored and the woman upset.

"I'm sure Mr. Action man could do this all by himself right? I'll surely be more helpful in another place with something riskier to do than babysitting McClane."
She snapped.

"Oh! Mrs I-have-menstrual-cramps-30-days-a-month sounds grumpy. An all-expense-paid trip in Paris with nothing to do than hanging out and be on a stakeout, I'm in! I bet the little Frenchies are warmer than you, Icecube."

"Fuck you McClane." She glared at him.
Motherfucker. Fucking blue eyes.

"Matter of time baby." He winked at her.
She's sexy when she's pissed off.

"I'm glad you would enjoy a mouthful of some frog's legs Parisienne." She smiled exaggeratedly.
Bastard.

"Sounds tasty darling." He licked his lower lip before he blowed a kiss to her. Partner.

"Stop this! You are official agents of the CIA and you're on mission from now on. I'll not allowed any complaints nor whining. If you have personal requests, please use the hierarchical ladder. Now, pack up and take your files. You could study them in the aircraft. Take off at 1:00 p.m."

Both agents grabbed their files, mumbling purposely too loud some chosen love words to their forced partners.

"And fill your luggage with fancy clothes, you're gonna spend time with Parisian's 'la crème de la crème'. Lucky you, the American taxpayers offer you a room in the most expensive Parisian hotel. Luxury 'à la française'.
You will reside in the Ritz, place Vendôme for the next 3 months."

"Nice!" Shade mumbled. "High heels and diamonds necklace, my life."

"Picky princess..." Jack whispered.

"Guys I warn you, however you need to fix it, you figure it out. Get ready to get along and share a suite and live together for awhile."

"Together?" They startled at the same time.

"Hold on guys. We need you as a couple. You're officially Mr. And Mrs. Sinclair. Congrats you lovebirds!"

Shade's face crumbled in pieces, while Jack's lightened up just a bit.
One thing he got from his hated father was the ability to push the other's button. He has inherited the sardonic one-liner skill, the itchy trigger finger John McClane senior was well known for.