Morning! - Bucky Barnes

Updated: 31st July 2019.

Thank you for letting me know that I had the breakfast orders wrong. I wrote this while I was going through a tough time and wanted to get lost in my imagination for a while.

------

You could feel your boyfriend of 2 years, playing with your hair, before your eyes fluttered open. You adjusted to the light and looked up from Bucky's chest to see him smiling down at you with so much love in his eyes, making your stomach flutter. You smiled back with the same amount of love in your eyes, maybe even more.

"Morning Doll," He says, his smile never leaving his face and kissed you on the forehead.

"Morning Buck" You sat back, kissing his bare chest, making him giggle since it tickled.

"How about we go out for breakfast after our run, Doll?" Bucky suggests, after 5 minutes of comfortable silence.

"That sounds great, baby" You replied, before sitting up, ready to get the day started.

You both get out of bed and get dressed in your workout clothes. You put on a pair of black sports leggings and a blue Adidas top, matched with your black running trainers.

You meet up with Bucky in the living room area of the tower and then you both made your way out of the building and headed to Central Park.

You were running around the park, on your 7th lap around the park, when a dog came running full speed towards you and knocks you off your feet. You landed on your back knocking the wind out of you. You lay there trying to get your breathing back.

"Doll, are you ok?" Bucky asks, kneeling beside you.

"I'm fine, one of the perks of being a super- soldier is that it doesn't always hurt when you fall to the ground" You replied, once you were able to get some air back into your lungs.

"Let's go and get some breakfast" Bucky suggests, helping you up on to your feet, Cutting your morning exercise short for today.

"Thanks," You say after Bucky helped you up off the floor and back onto your feet. Bucky replied by giving you a peck on the lips.

Bucky took your hand and you both made your way to the cafe close to the park. You sat down at a cafe called Sarabeth's.

"Hi welcome to Sarabeth's, what can I get you today?" A waiter named, Hannah, asked as she came to our table.

"Hi, could I get the Strawberry, buttermilk pancakes and a coffee, thank you," You asked, she wrote it down on her notepad before turning to Bucky.

"And what about you sir?" She asks Bucky

"Can I get the strawberry Fat and Fluffy French Toast, with a coffee too please" Bucky orders.

"Of course, your order won't be long," Hannah says, before walking away.

You sat there looking out for the window until Bucky put his hand on top of yours, pulling you out of your daydream.

"You ok, doll?" Bucky asks

You turn your head to him and smile saying "yea, just enjoying the view"

Before he could answer Hannah cake over with our meals and drinks.

"One pancake with coffee for you, Ma'am", Hannah says putting the plate and cup on the table next to you before turning to Bucky.

"And French toast with coffee for you, sir," She says, putting his plate and cup on the table in front of him.

"Thank you" You and Bucky say at the same time making Hannah laugh.

"Your welcome, enjoy," She says, before walking off.

You and Bucky sit there eating and just talking about anything.

"Steve says that most of them are going on a mission today, so it might be quiet when we get back," Bucky says, before shoving food in his mouth.

"Who's going?" You asked, looking at Bucky

"Steve, Natasha, Clint, Wanda and Thor" Bucky Lists

"So Tony is still here" You laughed.

Bucky laughs along with you, know that you have been dying to prank Tony but Steve always stops you since it always ends up in a prank war that doesn't normally end until someone gets hurt. One lasted you 6 months until Tony serenade.

"But Steve told me that I got to make sure you do not prank Tony," Bucky says

"What if he pranks me first?" You asked

"Then there is nothing I can do" Bucky winks

Which caused you to laugh.

"I love you, Buck," you say
"I love you too, Y/N," Bucky says