Chapter 35

2 years later

JASMINE'S P.O.V.
"Thank you VMAs!"Shawn smiles as he backs away from the mic. I see his smile soon disappear as he walks off of stage, causing mine to do the same. The VMAs go to commercial break and I see Shawn walking back over to me.

"What's wrong, you did great up there,"I say as he takes his seat next to me.

"My performance didn't go how I imagined. This is my first time preforming here and I mess it up. My voice cracked and it sounded scratchy. I couldn't even do the high notes right,"he explains looking down at his hands.

"Shawn, you just got on break from your Illuminate world tour a few days. Your sang for two months straight with a one day break every couple of shows. You just got on stage and sang there's nothing holding me back with a raspy voice just like you did in the studio version. That makes it better, there were other celebrities dancing to your song, like Bebe Rexha, Khalid, and Logic. So what your voice cracked, that happens to everyone. You already know that your fans enjoyed it and that they support you, that's all that matters. You need to be confident in yourself because you've made a lot of achievements at a young age like being nineteen years old and singing at the VMAs with several other big artists. You got selected to be on that stage for a reason."

I see a small smile creep onto his face, but he says nothing.

"What?"I ask and he looks up at me with the same smile on his face.

"You just gave me that long speech and normally I'm the one doing that to you,"he says grabbing my hand and rubbing his thumb on the back of it. I blush and look down and he lightly laughs.

"This is why I love you, Jazz. Thank you for that,"he says while pulling me in for a hug, which was kind of
awkward since we were sitting in chairs.

"I love you too."

..................

"I'm mad that you woke me up, but I'm also happy that it was for this,"I tell Shawn as we look out the sunrise.

Shawn wanted to wake up early this morning just to see the sunrise and he brought me with him. He told me that he hasn't seen the sun rise in a while and that it was really calming to him. Right now we're sitting on the roof of the hotel leaning against the wall that prevents you from falling off.

"At least your happy,"he smiles and looks over at me.

"But I'm still mad,"I restate.

"And you're also happy."

"And I'm also mad,"I smirk and look over at him to see him roll his eyes.

"Rude,"I mumble.

"So you can roll your eyes at me, but I can't roll my eyes at you?"

"I didn't roll my eyes."

"But when you do, I don't say anything and when I do, you say something."

"Is Mendes getting mad,"I ask while sticking out my bottom lip and wrapping my arms around his neck. He doesn't put his hands on my waist and instead, keeps his hands in his pockets.

I start giving him several pecks on his lips and after about ten, he gives in and puts one hand on my waist and the other the on the back of my head so I don't stop.