Chapter 5

JASMINE'S P.O.V.
Harry Potter theme song? Did I leave my tv on all night? I don't even remember Harry Potter. Oh wait, that's my ring tone. I grab my phone from off the nightstand and answer the call.

"Hello?"I ask.

"Did you just wake up? It's like 12:20 in the afternoon,"I hear someone say on the other line and I can tell it's Shawn.

"It's the weekend, which means I want to sleep in,"I say.

"Well too bad. Now that I'm here you're going to get ur now,"he says.

"But I don't want to,"I whine.

"Get up, Jazz,"he says.

"Don't call me that, only my friends call me that. Since you woke me up, we are no longer friends,"I say. I hear him laugh and that causes me to smile.

"You're showing me around L.A. today remember?"he asks.

"Oh yeah. Well, I didn't mean this early,"I say.

"It's not early, now get up and get dressed. Oh and don't eat anything because we're eating out,"he says and hangs up. Looks like I don't have a choice, plus I get to spend time with Shawn today.

I put on a light pink t- shirt, light washed skinny jeans with rips, brush my hair, and put mascara and concealer on. I put a rubber band on my wrist since it's a little windy.

I grab my phone and head downstairs. I put my white converse on, and I'm about to head out the house when my dad stops me.

"Where are you going?"he asks.

"I'm showing Shawn around,"I say and he nods. Thank god that wasn't my mom because she would be all smiley.

I head next door and knock. After a couple seconds Karen opens the door.

"Hey honey,"she says and I smile.

"Hi Mrs. Mendes."

"Call me Karen. Anyways, Shawn's upstairs in his room,"she says and I thank her and head upstairs.

His door is already open so I just walk in and see him laying on his back, on his bed, on his phone. He notices me and smiles.

"Thought you would take longer than that to get ready,"he says getting up.

"What I don't look good enough?"I joke. I already know that he's going to start explaining himself.

"No, no, no. You look fine, I was just saying that since you just woke up when I called you, you would take longer because you were tired,"he says quickly.

"I'm joking, Shawn,"I laugh and he sighs in relief.

"Don't do that,"he says and I continue to laugh. He just glares at me and folds his arms.

"Ok, ok, ok. I'll stop,"I say and grab his wrist and pull him down the stairs. We head out to his car and get in.

"Where to first?"he asks starting his car up.

"Well since I didn't eat yet, I'm hungry. Let's go to TGIF,"I say. I'm in the mood for their loaded potatoes.

After we eat, we go around town and just go sight seeing. We end up going to the Aquarium which I haven't been to in about 2-3 years.

"Have you ever been to an aquarium?"I ask as we walk inside.

"Nope,"he says and stuffs his hands in his pocket.

"I've been a few times, but I haven't been in a while,"I say. We walk through a glass tunnel and all around us is sea animals in water.