Part 4

(Your pov)
"What's taking him so long? How hard is it to get just snacks?!" I grumble pressing the controller harder. Ernie took his headphone off. "Is your parents laughing downstairs?" He ask. I listen  carefully. "Haha! Yeah! Glad to meet such a splendid man." My mom said. Wait! The babysitter must be here! I quickly stood up and listen closely to the door.
"Bro. I think that's the babysitter!"I cried. Ernie open the door. "Yeah. I want to see how old this guy is." We both ran down stairs and stopped. We silently walk down the stairs and peek. My eyes widen at who it is. Zero. The dude who helped with the machine. "Let me see!" Ernie whisper and accidentally shove me down the stairs. "Whoa!" I cried slamming myself on the ground.
My parents and Zero look down at me. "Uh...hi?" I said awkwardly. My mom helped me up. Ernie apologized to me saying he didn't mean it. But when his eyes lay on Zero, he gasp!
"So Y/n and Zack. This is Zero Kiryu. He such an older gentleman too. Please, Zero take good care of my kids." My mom said. I just stare. I thought it was going to be a weirdo. Zero smile shaking their hands. "May I use the restroom?" He ask and my dad nod.

"Dude! Zero! He's in the house! We're gonna be like the cool kids! Besides, he's hot." Ernie wink nudging my shoulder. I scratch my neck. "Well, I'm going to check up on him." I said and walk to the bathroom. My parents were having a conversation when  my grandma will be coming.
I was about to knock on the door but Zero opened it. "Zero!" I said. He open it wide enough so I could see the mirror.

When I look in the mirror, I didn't see his reflection. That's weird. All I see was me? Zero growls. "What are you looking at?" He ask and close the bathroom door behind him. Huh? My mind went blank for a second. "Alright Zero! Grandma will be over. And we're going to go out in the club! Please I trust you." He and my mom giggle and walk out the door. Zack didn't care since he was busy eating.
Once the door closed Zero look at Ernie and me.
"My name is Zero Kiryu. I want you guys to never go out and make sure don't do stupid things. Also, I'm 16 years old." He said. I gulp and smile. "So Zero, why are you babysitting us? Like, shouldn't you be hanging out with your cool kids or what?"

Zero scoff. "I overheard you guys talking about not wanting to get a grandpa babysitter. You guys are also kind of loud. Besides, I don't want to hang out with those bastards. I hate them to be honest and forever will."
"But you and Yuki got along?" Ernie ask.
"I despise Yuki even though we use to be friends. She chose Kaname over me. I thought we got along." Zero replied sighing. I thought I saw a pain in his eyes but it was just my imagination. My eyes wander to his pants.
Something shiny was glistening. Zack also noticed it too. "Anyways, there is nothing special about me so...I'm heading out. Here's my number if you need help. Your grandma just pulled into the driveway." He said opening the door revealing my grandma.

"Hello darlings. Oh...you must be the babysitter. Aren't you suppose to babysit them?" My grandma smirk. Zero look away. "Um...I have to do something. It's going to be quick. I'll be back...just stay here." My grandma smile as she let him leave.
My grandma eye me. "You're following him, aren't you?" She ask.

"Why would I follow him?" I ask. Ernie grab my shoulder. "Dude! Your grandma has a point! We can see where he's going! Maybe with his friends! We can join them and surprise him!" He cried. I sigh. "Fine. But if he saw us...I'm running away as far as the eye can see."
Ernie literally squeal! But to be honest...something odd was going on anyway. I didn't see his reflection in the mirror. 
I grab my bag and flung it over my shoulder. "Come back safe!" My grandma smirk closing the door. We walk through the neighborhood and to the city. The cool breeze and howling wind gave me the chills. "I feel like I'm stalking him." I mumble.
Ernie shrug his shoulders. "He wouldn't care. I mean he did listened to our conversation of you getting a babysitter. So it's fair."
Fshk...fshk...
I stopped walking. "Ernie? Did you hear that?"
Ernie listen closely. "Yeah. Maybe it's a cat or something."
"We should check it out." Fshk....Squeak...Fhsk... I slowly crept to a dark alley. We both saw a shadow. Ernie open my bag to get a flashlight. We were scared a little but I need to prove myself I don't need a babysitter! I grab the flashlight and pointed at the shadow figure.

The light shined on someone's face. The street light suddenly turned on exposing the figure. Our eyes widen. Large fangs and red eyes. A hand grasping a mouse. And that person was Zero! His red eyes flash at mine. He was opening his mouth showing his fangs. That is until he noticed us.
"Um, (Y/n), is it normal for a human to eat a mouse?" Ernie asks.

"Can you?" I replied.

"I think your babysitter is a..."

"A vampire! Run!" I cried bolting first. Ernie followed behind me. Zero drops the mouse. "Y/n! Wait! Listen, please!" He yells then disappears behind us. "W-Where did he go? It doesn't matter, I'm going to try calling somebody." I panted pulling out my phone only to be knocked down by Ernie on accident. My phone went tumbling on the ground and was stopped by Kiryu's feet. Idiot, Ernie. I look up confused and scared. "Y/n, listen. I promise I won't do anything. Just bare with me for 5 minutes." He said. I nodded in return.

"Look, I am a vampire. I was going to tell you maybe later but no, your stupid conscience decided to follow me. Go ahead and tell the world about it. I'm a blood sucking thirsty guy." Zero looks away unemotionally. I stood up then grab my phone. "W-Well, why did you take this babysitting job then?" I asks. Zero didn't say anything and sigh. "I can quit if you want. It's not like I have anything to do with you." He said. Okay?

"No, I'm not firing you or anything. You're just so weird because you act like Edward Cullen whenever at lunch. I may have overreacted a bit, sorry." I replied lowering my head. Ernie just stayed quiet. "It's fine, Y/n. I'm not surprised. C'mon, let's just go home." Kiryu put his hands in his pocket then walk off.

~~~~~~~~

It was awkward as we came home since no one say anything. My grandma was busy knitting her cloth then gave me a smile. "Welcome home. I wonder what happened." She sigh.

"Zero is a vampire." I said. She shrug her shoulders then look at Zero. He only looked away. "Told him, huh? Well, that sure took a while. I thought you'll have to quench your thirst." Grandma continues to knit not even bothered by it. It seems like she knew. Ernie decided to go home.

"I have to leave in 15 minutes." Zero finally said something. 

"I-I know we have gotten in the wrong foot so...in those 15 minutes...can I talk with you about it?" I asks looking at him. "But it's okay if you're not comfortable with it."

"I don't care." Kiryu bluntly replies.

"Okay, don't be like that. I rather know something then act like nothing happened." I grab his wrist then pulled him outside. Again.

(Thanks for reading!)