23. Why Do You Do That?

Start from the beginning

"Bull-fucking-shit."

"Here. Drink them, pay, and leave," Gabby growled, practically slamming our drinks down onto the bar top in front of us.

"If you can't get it in, at least go buy a plastic one." Rolling my eyes, I threw thirty dollars down onto the bar.

"I don't want your slut money," she sneered, pushing it back across the counter towards me. A snort sounded from the end of the bar. Jas's head snapped around to find the source. That same girl with strange sea green eyes and feathers in her hair was smirking at me from the shadows. A dark head lying facedown on the countertop next to her. I quirked an eyebrow up at her in challenge before turning my attention back to the bitch of a bartender.

"My G-string only takes Benjamins," Jas nearly snorted vodka out of her nose and Gabby's jaw went slack, "Keep the change." I downed the martini before grabbing my ID back up off the counter and sashaying towards the exit. Half a second later, I heard Jas's glass hit the counter and then she was next to me. I paused right before pushing out the door.

"You know, we really should stop meeting like this," I grinned, my voice taunting. The guy next to the feather head stiffened, muscles outlined through his thin t-shirt— damn.

"I'd prefer we stop meeting in general," she replied, cooly sipping her drink.

"But we have such a strong connection!"

"Are you sure that's not your hormones talking?"

"Oh sweetheart, you aren't packing the right equipment for that."

"Oh?"

"I prefer the carnivorous lifestyle."

"Vegetarian diets have been scientifically proven to be healthier," Gabby quipped, eyeing me from behind the counter, a wicked glint in her eyes.

"I think I'll be fine. I have a pretty strenuous exercise regime," I grinned, "Where's the slutty Ellen?"

"Bianca had class."

"Shame, oh well, it seems as if you have your hands full," I switched my gaze between the feather haired girl and Gabby.

"Jealous?"

"Oh never, I have a nice little exotic meal I've been looking forward to for a while." Her eyes darkened perceptibly. I just grinned in response, reaching for the door.

We weren't ten feet away before Jas asked "How is it that you always manage to piss people off before you even open your mouth?"

"I'm blessed."

"Or cursed," she laughed making me shrug, "How'd you know her anyway?"

"Well, she and her lesbo fuck-buddy were listening through the wall last night. Turns out I fucked some friend of hers," I shrugged, waving the memory away. They guy had fulfilled his purpose; at least I could think clearly again.

"And the bartender?"

"Actually, I didn't know her," I paused, trying to figure out how I'd managed to piss her off so quickly. It couldn't have just been the IDs. I'd been in there before and she'd always served me without a word. I guess I could thank her new buddy— fucking feather-head.

"She did not look like she wanted to see you," Jas chuckled, pulling her blonde hair up into a ponytail.

"Can't imagine why," I grinned, turning the corner.

"Yeah, because one night stands are normal."

"They do it all the time on the magic speaking box?" I pleaded, pouting.