I was storming off to the side of the cabin when Marnie grabbed my hand, begging me to stop and talk to her.

"Jesse! Stop walking away!" She cried, holding onto my left hand as tightly as she could. I couldn't sit in that fucking room anymore with people talking about how much Jordan loved Dallas. Why should I even care if she loves him her not? "Jesse, it's alright!"

I didn't reply to my cousin as I lifted my right hand and threw it against the side of the cabin. Marnie let out a squeak as it dropped back to my side, scratched and bleeding. Take away one pain by focusing on another. That's how I've been living my life up to this point.

"It's alright, Jesse, it's alright!" Marnie continued trying to reassure me as her eyes looked over to the dent in the cabin. I knew I'd be regretting this later, but I needed to take my mind off of everyone inside that cabin.

"It's not alright," I shook my head, looking toward the ground.

"It's fine," Marnie tried keeping her voice firm. "It doesn't mean anything, Jesse. It doesn't mean anything."

"I love her," I said quietly, shaking. "And you think that what happened means nothing? Are you blind?"

Marnie held her hands up. "I don't know her, Jesse. You do. If you think it means something, then maybe it does. I wouldn't know. But let me tell you, I've done things with a lot of guys-"

I pulled a face and she rolled her eyes. "Oh, stop making that face, you knew I did, and it didn't mean anything. I was just upset because of what had happened with Seth, because I really loved him. Not the other guys, but him."

"I don't get what you see in that guy," I shook my head again. "The guy's a freaking criminal, and you go around with him like it's nothing!"

I really wasn't in the position to talk, but I never killed someone before. I couldn't. Whenever it was the time, I'd always back out, because if I was ever caught, I'd never get to see Jordan again. Marnie knew about the gang, she knew about my past, but she didn't judge me. Why was I judging Seth?

"He's a good guy, Jesse," Marnie snapped at me. "He's a really good guy. He may seem tough and gruff on the outside, but he's really sweet and kind after you get to know him. He wasn't always like that; before what happened, he was nice to everyone. But after people started to treat him like a monster, he changed. He was mean to people that he wasn't close to. But he's really nice.

"You know what he's done! He's not a good person!" I shouted at her.

"You wouldn't understand, Jesse!" Marnie cried, shaking her head. I shut my mouth instantly. "The only thing you ever think about is her! Just tell her how you feel already or she'll go off with that other guy! You love her, Jesse, I know you do! It's obvious you do! I'm surprised she hasn't figured it out already.

I huffed, "she isn't very bright."

"Well, then I guess the only way for her to find out is for you to tell her," she crossed her arms. "You've done things in your past, Jesse, just like Seth has. I accepted him for who he was. I'm sure she'll accept you for who you are as well."

I said nothing and turned away from her.

"Seth's not the bad guy, Jesse," Marnie whispered to me. "He's good. I was the bad one. You already know what I did. Seth's not the bad guy, Jesse... And I'm thankful for that. Seth takes care of everything for me... There aren't any bad guys in my life..."

I looked up at her now, breaking a little more. "Yes there is."

"What? Who?" Marnie asked in confusion.