The dance

Claira was looking around for the dress she would like to wear at the dance. To was quite a big dance with many people attending. She knew it was open territory meaning that not only would her brother and the sharks be attending but so would be the other group of people she knew her brother hated. She was truly hoping that she would find the person for her, someone who would not care if she was Puerto rican.  As she was searching the shop that was owned by herself, Maria and Anita, she came across the perfect dress that she would wear. It was a light blue dress that was beautiful on its own but also had a darker blue ribbon going around the waist. 

Then when she is done getting it on, she turns the corner to find Anita and Maria arguing about the neckline of maria's dress and wanting it lowed

"My dear sister you don't need to lower the neck at all it looks lovely" Claria spoke.

"Ria you look amazing for the dance tonight. Why does mine have to be white, that's a baby color" Maria whined

"Look Maria, Anita could always take it back, you can not go with us, I mean that is okay too" Claria exclaimed.

"Fine, fine I'll wear it I guess I mean it a baby color but fine ... Oh that's really pretty, look at me I look so pretty" Maria sang around.

Then a knocking sound rang out from silence. Then Bernardo came through the bridal shops doors along with Chino.

"Hopefully I'm allowed in, I mean you all look beautiful tonight" Bernardo said sweetly.

As he came by he kissed Maria and Claria's head. Then making his way over to his girlfriend Anita he kissed her on the lips and stayed there for a moment.

"Now let's go to the dance before this, becomes out of control for you two" Maria exclaimed loudly.

"Okay fine Maria, Claria let's go and have fun". Bernardo

At the dance

"Look girls please stay by us sharks" Bernardo

"Okay Bernardo we will stay by the sharks if it means so much for you. We will try our hardest for now okay" Claria spoke

"Thank you two for behaving right now, I love you all" Bernardo said

Then the mayor came and had us all get into a giant circle, all the women were in a smaller circle in the middle of a larger containing all the men. He wanted us to dance with the person we stop in front of when the music stopped. But the biggest problem with all of that was it was a mix of all the people. But people had a different idea and split off with people they already knew. We knew what he was trying to accomplish by trying to make us socialize with the jets but it was definitely not going to happen. Especially on my brother's watch. 

"Um well... okay, I guess that works" the mayor said shocked

Then a full out dance off started to converse though out the gym. Then a new guy came though the gym doors late. She was curious on why he decided to come late, by the color scheme he was wearing he looked like a jet, but then again why was he late when we just finished the big part of the dance. But then he met up with the jets. It almost looked like they crowded him, like he was a leader of the group. 

"Ria you okay, you were staring off into space or something like that" Maria noticed.

"Oh yes I'm fine little sister thank you for noticing that"Claria spoke.

Then the lights lowered and everyone started to slow dance. That's when Riff approached Claria to dance with her. She looked up to see him coming towards her. She was flabbergasted that the leader of the Jets was coming to dance with her. I mean he hates the Pr.

"Can I please have this dance with you" Riff spoke nicely

"Why is this just another way to get to my brother or something, I mean you hate the Pr this must be a trick" She spoke

"No I just want to dance with a really pretty lady" Riff said

"Fine but if you hurt me the sharks will hurt you" Claria spoke

Then they started to dance together. It was like he was meant for her. They danced so gracefully and had drawn people's eyes to see the dancers. It was like a secret little heaven and it felt as if it lasted forever. But that's when Bernardo decided to break up Claira and Maria from dancing with the Jets.

"Stay away from my sister's or else, you dirty Jets thinking you rule the streets" Bernardo exclaimed

"Look I'm the one who was with Claira not the rest of the Jets so back off. And Tony's only here because I asked him to be." Riff said

Anita came over and they started walk out of the gym towards home while venting because of what happened with her brother. They started to walk towards the house when Anita asked if Claira could help with the shop. So they sent Maria home while they run the small business and make an income to pay for the different things they needed. But no matter what they talked about, for the rest of the night Claria could not get Riff out of her mind. The feelings that she felt with him was nothing that she had ever felt before.