𝟎𝟓 ╸ so was i

Start from the beginning

"It only has been 2 hours, Bucky," Diana chuckles. "It hasn't been that long."

"To you," Bucky pointed out. "While Steve and I were frozen, you got to live your life; time doesn't exist for you. For both of us, it does. We're still human." 

"Okay, so I've been alive for a long time, but those years were long," Diana proclaimed, "but both of you got to sleep those years off, I didn't. Those years were living hell for me."

"How is being immortal hell? I mean, to never get to die ― "

"Yeah, you never get to die but think of all the people that will eventually die, and you can't do anything about it, and you can't die so you live with the deaths of the people you love," Diana interjected. 

"Okay, there's the downside," Steve pipes. "Imagine what Diana has gone through, the deaths she had to endure. I'm not saying that what you have gone through isn't horrible because it is, but we will someday die, but not her." Bucky hooks his thumbs on the loops of his pants, leaning back on one leg. "So have you had children?"

Diana shakes her dark head. "No. I wouldn't want to live longer than my own children."

"What do you mean you will live longer than your children? You're immortal, so why doesn't it pass down to them?"

"Look, Bucky, I have been appointed to be the Goddess of Truth, that's what gives me my immortality. Once someone has become immortal, they can't back down," Diana explains, turning to face Bucky. "All the other gods have been killed off, so I'm the only Greek Goddess left, meaning if I want to have children, I would have to have them with mortal men and the children will come out mortal. The power of being immortal cannot be passed down. It must be given - I do not have the power to do that.

"And anyway, how did asking how much time we have left turn into talk of immortality?" Diana scoffs, turning her head to look out the large window. Bucky chuckles at her statement, looking at her with the adoration - the type of adoration one looks at their significant other with. She didn't notice it and broke his heart. In the last few hours he has started to like her like a lover, and yet she looked at him like he was her friend's long-lost brother; nothing more. But he didn't know that Diana was good at hiding her true feelings ― if she wanted to cry, she would put on her most award-winning smile and go one about her day. "Hey, guys, we're almost there," Steve said, bringing Bucky out of his trance. "Alright," Diana nods, "Bucky, Natasha has some weapons in that drawer with her name on it, I'm sure she won't mind if you use them...and if we don't tell her." 

Bucky smiles at her, "okay."

"THE DOCTOR SAID he shattered L4 to S1

"THE DOCTOR SAID he shattered L4 to S1. Extreme laceration in the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis," Tony said, walking up next to Natasha who was overlooking the lawn of the Avengers HQ. "Steve's not going to stop," Natasha shakes her red locks, "If you don't either, then Rhodey is going to be the best-case scenario."