I parked the car and jogged into the school, my first stop being the art department. I knew that marching out of the classroom angrily last lesson wasn't great behaviour, although it was justified. My teacher was a reasonable woman, and I know she liked me, so I didn't think she'd react badly to my apology. As I walked towards the classroom I heard talking coming through the partially open door. I recognised both of them, and my skin crawled. 

"I really like your style, Blake. It's so original", Ms Wain's voice was sincere as she complemented the thing I hated most in this world. I pushed the door fully open and they both turned to look at me. Blake's eyebrows shot up above his cold, dark eyes.

"Alex?" My teacher's expression was full of worry as she looked at me, "Are you ok? You left very suddenly last-"

"I'm fine. I just felt a bit... sick. That's all", I shot a glance at Blake, and noticed the muscles in his jaw clench as he ground his teeth.

"Oh good, I was worried. Are you sure you're feeling up to today?" I was touched that she was so concerned, and I felt awful for lying to her. Her motherly actions made me so guilty, and I stuffed my hands into my pockets, as if I was trying to hide it.

"I'm sure I'll live", I attempted a smile, but I knew it just looked awkward. She nodded, but her expression stayed the same.

"Well, I guess i'll leave you to it", she picked up an empty 'I <3 Art' mug from her desk and made her way out of the classroom, leaving me alone with him. I moved across the room, past him, to the unfinished painting in my corner of the classroom. I looked into those deep amber eyes on the canvas, and then back up into the ebony ones staring at me.

"Good morning", he said, almost casually. I breathed deeply, wanting punch him until he felt the pain that he put Kit through.

"I'm not here for small talk", I stated, leaning against the desk behind me. "I want you to give up on Kit. He doesn't belong to you." Blake smiled, but his eyes remained dead cold.

"I know that I made it sound like giving him back to me was optional, but it really wasn't. I've read your files, Alex, I know everything about you." He walked closer to me, and I tensed, expecting him to try something, but he didn't. Instead he reached out for the painting, trailing his finger across the edge of the canvas dominantly, while examining the unfinished face on it. "You act tough, but you have no one. Your parents split while you were younger, and now you rely on money from your father to pay the bills while your mother plays around with people far younger than her." He smirked and turned his gaze to me. "You're lonely and pathetic".

"Shut your mouth." I snapped, and immediately regretted it. It's what he wanted. I took a deep breath, trying to visualise Kit's smiling face looking up at me while he cuddled me. A soothing sensation ran through my veins and I regained my rationality. "I understand that you're angry, trust me, I get it. But you're acting like a child, like I've stolen your toy from your damn pram". He flinched at my words and scowled.

"You don't understand. I can make your life a living hell", he began, grasping at the shreds of his argument, "I have more mon-"

"Do I look like I give a single shit", I slammed my palm against the desk, and saw panic flash in his eyes, "about your money? Do I seem scared? Because I don't feel fucking scared." I walked around until I was at the front of the classroom, pushing the door shut as I passed it. 

"You know I actually came here to have a calm conversation with you", I chuckled bitterly, looking down at my hands and cracking my knuckles, "I thought that if I explained how much I loved him, you'd understand. He told me you know, about what you'd do to him. It's hard to imagine somebody as pathetic as you acting big and dominant", I spat the words at him, watching his nostrils flare as he tried to think of something to say. For a moment, I thought he had nothing.

"You know, he could have left whenever he wanted", that shocked me. A new confidence filled Blake's eyes and he lifted his head a little, as if he had found a chink in my armor. "I didn't exactly stop him from changing into a cat, because I don't know how." He walked forward until he was just paces away from me, a victorious smile playing on his lips. "Maybe because he liked it."

I fought so hard to stop myself from smashing my knuckles against his face. "I'm sure you know how much he enjoys playing around, and feeling good. He's just messing you about, Alex", he stepped forward until he was too close for comfort.

"He doesn't love you".

His thin frame shuffled past me and out the door, leaving me standing there. A sharp pain stabbed at my chest, as cracks formed across my heart..