Chapter Six: Revenge is Sweet

"How long can you stay in your cat form?" I asked absentmindedly, whilst watching Kit munch on his toast, a look of bliss appearing on his pale face.

"It depends on the situation I guess", He licked the buttery crumbs from his lips, " I can be a cat pretty easily, although, it does take effort to keep up the appearance. Sometimes it's quite tiring".

"That's why you stay in your human state more often then", Kit nodded and leaned back on the sofa, patting his slender belly with one hand. I chuckled and gathered up the empty plates, taking them into the kitchen and dumping them in the sink.

"Why do you ask", He inquired, running up behind me and jumping gracefully onto my shoulders. I grinned and adjusted to his minute weight.

"You get lonely at home, so I thought, maybe, you could come with me", I looked out of the corner of my eye to see Kit's beaming face.

"Really!?"

"Yep", I lifted him off my shoulders and brought him round to face me, before placing my lips on his. Kit's arms slid around my neck, as he tangled his tongue with mine, sighing happily between kisses.

"You would have to be careful, and hide in my bag when we're going inside", I said apologetically.

"I don't mind, as long as i'm with you", He pressed his forehead to mine, smiling brightly.

------

I parked the car a little further away from school than usual, and turned to kit, who was sitting in the back seat.

"You gotta change now, okay?" He nodded, and I watched, fascinated, as his human features shrunk into the cat form. When he was done, Kit looked up and me and purred, his big eyes flashing.

I grinned as I watched him slink into my open bag, his tail held high. Once he was settled, I carefully picked up the bag and hung it over my shoulder, feeling him shuffle around inside.

Getting inside the school was relatively easy, since I was early, there weren't many teachers outside, patrolling the area for any latecomers. Kit hissed in my bag as I accidentally bumped him against my back, rounding a corner in the hall.

"Sorry", I muttered, speeding up as I saw my locker. My hand flew into my pocket, pulling out a silver key which I shoved into the key hole and turned. The metal door swung open and I care fully popped my bag inside, unzipping the top and seeing Kit's head.

"Now what..."I raked a hand through my blond hair, " You cant stay inside here all day..."

Kit interrupted me with a meow, and gestured with his head towards the top of the lockers.

"You'd seriously be willing to stay up there 'till break?" My eyes widened as he nodded.

I sighed in defeat, looking around to check no one was watching, before I picked him up and popped on top. He peered down at me, grinning, before turning tail and retreating back against the wall where he couldn't be seen.

I chuckled and grabbed my books before heading to my class.

-------

"You guys could try to look a little more happy, it's Friday after all!" Mr Dutch attempted to lighten the dreary mood of the class.

Yeah good luck with that, I thought, go ahead and try to make a bunch of teenagers ecstatic for maths at nine in the morning.

The teachers painfully happy attitude seemed to have the opposite outcome he desired, and a few sleepy sighs escaped around the classroom. The rest of the lesson went on much in the same way, with me trying to keep my eyes open. Algebraic equations had the sort of effect on me.

By the time lunch came around, I had a page full off half heartedly drawn notes, and doodles of cats. Sighing, I followed the chattering group of hungry pupils out of the door, but instead of heading to the lunch hall, I made a right turn and started power walking to the lockers.

-------

"What the hell?!" Dan's voice echoed off the walls, causing me to freeze mid-step before turning the corner. "What th- Ouch! Jesus! Stupid freaking cat".

I would'nt be exaggerating if I said my heart nearly stopped, as fear ripped through me. I peered round the corner, my pulse beating in my ears as I watched the scene play out in front of me. 

Kit, still in cat form, stood staring up at Dan, his fur standing up straight as he hissed loudly. Dan was looking at him in disgust, while scratches bled down his arms and hands, his whole body in a recoiled stance. I wanted to do something, I really did, but it felt like my feet were stuck to the ground in terror as I watched, my mind clouding over.

My eyes followed every movement coming from them; the flash of gleaming white teeth, and the swing of Dan's shoe, as he prepared to kick the white cat in front of him.

Wait.

He was gonna kick Kit. My whole body shuddered as my mind finally caught up with my brain, releasing a voice in my head, I'm guessing it was my conscience,"Alex now!".

Then all hell broke loose. I ran forward as Kit braced himself for the final blow, but of course I was too late. The yelp that came from Kit as he slid across the ground tore me up inside, until there was nothing left but pure hate.

I turned to Dan, grabbing his collar and punching him in the jaw, before letting his bruised body collapse on the floor.

"Alex-" He took a moment to spit the blood from his mouth, " What the hell is going on, is that your pet?!"

"I have no reason to answer to you, and you have no right to ask me questions", I placed one foot on his belly and pushed, watching him wince in pain.

"If I see you're pathetic face again, it will be more than just your pride that gets hurt", His blue eyes widened at that, and I slammed my heel down on his groin, before scooping Kit's limp body up and sprinting out of the school.