After some minutes of creeping through the woods the 4 of you (5 if you count purple-mcfurby-face) spotted empty space through the woods instead of just more trees. That was the road, and you only got more excited as you saw quickly passing lights from a car's headlights.

That means there were people driving up here! This was looking better than any of you could have expected. Everyone started walking just a bit faster, beginning to get excited by the idea of success.

You could see the road now clearly through the trees. Max looked over his shoulder and motioned at you and the rest of the gang to hurry up. You were so close... but something was off. It couldn't be this easy, right?

Against your better judgement and the attention of your gang, you slowed to a halt and looked around. It was still deafeningly silent and you could hear your friends' footsteps fading away as they continued without you.

If there was one thing you had learned from Mama, it was that dead silence was never a good thing.

After a good few seconds standing still and holding your breath, you turned back to the direction of the road.

Your blood ran cold. You had taken a single step and another  louder crunching sound resounded from somewhere close behind you in the darkness, far louder than a footstep that could have been cause by you or one of your friends.

You slowly turned your head to look over your shoulder, and was faced with nothing but darkness and shadows...

You exhaled and looked ahead to keep going, only to be greeted with two blinding points of red inches away from your face and a loud blaring sound filling your senses. You screamed abruptly and fell backwards, but when you hit the ground those demon eyes had disappeared without a trace.

If it was a hallucination then Tattletail had seen it too, as he began crying out in panic. Your heart was racing and you frantically rushed to silence the toy.

"No no no no no, be quiet please!" You begged in a hushed whisper, but the mechanical toy took no notice of your pleas and continued crying. The chaos trio came running from the road to investigate the panic.

"(y/n), what's going on?!" Neil asked, beginning to panic himself.

"Shut that thing up!" Max ordered.

You continued to attempt to calm Tattletail and shakily replied, "I-I can't-"

Not even a moment later a blinding light fell over the lot of you and a familar certain councelor's voice rang through the darkness, "What on earth are you four doing out here?!"

David escorted the four of you back to camp. Tattletail had finally stopped crying but both you and him were incredibly uneasy. And you were guilty as all hell. You ruined the escape.

None of your friends would look at you, especially not Max. He was especially pissed at you after what had just happened. Part of you wanted to pit the blame against someone else like David or Tattletail, but the most reasonable explanation you could come up with was completely unreasonable by anyone else's standards. A demon in a furby's body was trying to kill you. Again. And who in their right mind was going to believe that?!

David left you all off with the promise that he was going to have a long lecture about this in the morning before letting you all dejectedly slink back to the tents. Max shot you a death glare before Neil followed him to their tent, and you and Nikli were forced to go back to your own tents. That was fine. You didn't want to face them anyway.

You sat down on your bed and stared at the side of the tent for a bit, while somberly stroking Tattletail's soft violet fur. After a few minutes Nikki spoke up from behind you somewhere, "(y/n)?"

You didn't respond. Some seconds passed before the teal-haired girl said, "Don't feel too bad, it wasn't your fault that David followed us out there." But it was though. If you hadn't freaked David never would have known anything.

You felt a weight on your back and around your shoulders and you realized Nikki was hugging you. In that moment you bit your lip and fought back tears of guilt and dejection and luckily managed to hide it until she let go and went to lay down in her own bed again.

"Night, (y/n)..." she murmured before most likely drifting off. After a while you slowly climbed under your covers, cuddling Tattletail close. You eventually decided after some thought to turn him off but you kept holding him anyway to ground yourself.

And as you lay in bed, staring at the blank walls of your tent, cuddling Tattletail close to you, you started to ask yourself why. Why mama was still after you against all odds. And how you were going to stop her this time, away from home and without the illusion of safety to give you courage.