You didn't fight the sleep. You were too tired to even be paranoid. You werent sure exactly when you drifted off, but it couldn't have been long after Nikki left you to your quiet solitude.

"Oh (y/n)! We're doing a camp activity!" You stirred awake to David's voice outside your tent.

It was impossible to tell exactly what time it was but it was definitely warmer and the faint glow of the sun through your tent was in a different place now. You had most likely been out for a few well needed hours.

Neil's voice outside the tent replied to David's call, "I'm not so sure it's the best idea to wake them up. They were super tired this morning, I'm not even sure if they got any sleep last night."

You sat up into a sitting position on your bed and yawned, stretching a few moment after. You definitely felt more refreshed. Still tired, but at least you were somewhat awake now. David started going off about the importance of a full 8 hours of rest outside your tent.

You called towards where your friend and counsler's voices were coming from, "It's cool, guys. I'm up now. Just give me a couple minutes."

You stood up, already clothed from earlier that morning. You stretched again and drank some water from a water bottle, then took care of Tattletail, who had thankfully been silent while you were asleep. You picked the purple toy up and left your tent, spotting Neil and the rest of the gang a ways away near a gathering of other campers, probably to do the camp activity David had mentioned.

You showed up just in time for David to start enthusiastically explaining the activity. Basically it was just the kind of busy work you did at school when you had a subsitute.

Max teased you about that morning as you all started working. More like Max doing nothing, Neil working a little bit, Nikki scribbling all over the papers, and you doodling on the back of your worksheet.

Once David and Gwen left Max suddenly jumped up and started to explain the plan they had come up with earlier that morning. Basically you were all gonna sneak out once everyone was asleep and walk out to the road and try to get picked up by people driving past. Probably not safe, but let's face it, this camp sucks.

So night fell, and everyone gathered to wait in Max and Neil's tent. When David made his rounds telling the campers that it was lights out, you explained that you and Nikki were going to spend the night with Max and Neil.

David accepted this answer and left you all to your evil plotting. To pass time for everyone in the camp to really be asleep your gang munched on some cookies, pudding cups, and juice boxes that Max and Nikki had stolen from the pantry earlier.

Max went out to really be sure they were safe and then popped back into the tent and quietly exclaimed, "Everyone is asleep, let's haul ass!"

So you all left, stealthing your way out of camp and into the woods, you holding Tattletail and his supply bag and your flashlight. You and the chaos trio wasted no time getting into the forest and out of sight of anyone who may have been awake at camp. It was pitch black besides shreds of silver moonlight filtering through the trees, and almost dead silent, only interrupted by the crunching of you and your friends' footsteps.

The darkness didn't bother you, but the silence did. It was almost too quiet, and any noises that did split the night were deafening in contrast. No one was talking either, surprisingly even Nikki was silent, perhaps even the quietest out of all of you. Even your infamously irritating Tattletail was quiet, with the only sounds being soft mechanical whirs of his ears or eyes moving.

The only other time you had come out here was when tattletail went missing after you were talking with max on the dock, and the surroundings were unfamiliar to you. It only heightened your unease. At least twice now you and Neil had almost tripped over rocks, roots, and fallen tree branches but managed to stay mostly silent despite it all.