Hindi  nga  nagre-register  sa  utak  niya  ang  mga  sinasabi  ni  Judge  Romulo. Ang  iniisip  niya  ay  kung  paano  makaaalis  dito. Sana  may  dumating   na  kabalyero at itakas  siya.   Pero  mukhang  wala  na  talagang  pag-asa.

"Stop   thinking   about  escaping  because   that  is  very  impossible,  giliw  ko," Alford  said  in  a  low  voice.

"Giliw  ko!  Yucks!"

"Do  you,  Alford  Guevarra,  take,  Lyca  Veliganio to  be  your  partner for life. Do you promise to walk by her side forever, and to love, help, and encourage her in all she does? Do you promise to take time to talk with her, to listen to her, and to care for her? Will you share her laughter, and her tears, as her partner, lover, and best friend? Do you take her as your lawfully wedded wife for now and forevermore?"

"Yes,  I  do,"  Alford   responded as  quick   as  a  wink.

"Oh, Hell!" Her  reaction  generated  laugher   from  the  guests.  Lalo  ang  dalawang  kaibigan   ni  Alford  na  nangibabaw  ang  tawa.  Nakaupo  ang  mga  ito  sa  right   side.

Naroroon  din  ang  pinsan  niyang   si  Tres,  na   akala  mo  ay  namatayan. Nagtawanan  ang  lahat  maliban  kay  Tres.  Iniwan  kasi  ng  asawa. Humingi  siya  ng  tulong  sa  pinsan  pero  wala  siyang  napala.

   "You  slept   with  him  kaya  dapat  lang   kayong  makasal." Iyon  ang  sagot  ng  kanyang  pinsan  niya.

"Do  you,  Lyca  Veliganio,  take  Alford  Guevarra  to  be  your  partner for life. Do you promise to walk by his side forever, and to love, help, and encourage him in all he does? Do you promise to take time to talk with him, to listen to him, and to care for him? Will you share his laughter, and his tears, as his partner, lover, and best friend? Do you take him as your lawfully wedded husband  for now and forevermore?"

Pinisil  ni  Alford  ang  baywang   niya  na  parang  binabalaan  siya.

"Would  you really consider  my  answer? Because   my  answer   will  be  no."  Muling   nagtawanan  ang  mga  kaibigan  ni  Alford.

"Fuck  it!  This is ridiculous!"  Palatak  ni  Dock  habang  tumatawa.

"After  Tres  forcing  MM   into  marriage,  ngayon  si  Alford naman. Who's   next?"  Natatawang  ani ni Wilson.

"I'll  never  fucking  do  that  for  fuck's  sake,"  si  Dock.

"Shut   your  fucking  mouth!"  Angil  ni  Alford  sa  dalawang  kaibigan. 

Hindi  na  inulit  ni  Judge  Romulo  ang tanong.

"Okay,  and now, seal your promises with these rings, the symbol of your life shared together. . . Lyca, please,  repeat  after  me." 

Lyca  grabbed  the  ring  from  the  table and  she  lipped  it  on  her  finger.

"Isuot  muna  para  matapos  na   'to." His face split into a shit-eating grin.

"She can't   wait  for  the  honeymoon. Nagmamadali  masyado  ang  asawa  ko." Nagtawanan  ang  lahat.  Inikutan  niya  ito  ng  mata.

Kinuha  na  lang  din  ni  Alford  ang  singsing  at  isinuot.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband   and  wife. You may  now kiss  your  bride." Naiiling  na  patuloy  ni  Judge  Romulo.

Alford  faced  her  with  a  goofy   grin  plastered  on  his  face. And  she  swears  to  hell,  she  wanted  to knock the annoying  grin  off  in  his  face.