18 | First Date (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"We're gonna hold hands?" I ask, looking up at his face as we walk towards where the the nearest Walk of Fame starts.

"Why not?" He asks, lightly swinging our arms. It never felt this good before when we had our fingers intertwined, but it's legit the best feeling in the world. "If we hear a girly scream or a click of a photo, I'll just yank my hand away." He adds, shrugging his shoulders.

"Hey, I don't necessarily care if we get caught holding hands, Ross." I tell him, keeping my eyes on his face.

"I have a feeling that once multiple photos get out you will be. So I'm gonna try and contain that stuff for as long as possible." Frowning, I look down at our feet. "Come on, I know you. I'm just trying to prevent anything from happening that shouldn't happen to you regarding the past."

"Ross, you can just say you're trying to prevent a panic attack. Avoiding the words is just as bad as saying them." I say, stopping him from walking.

"Can we not talk about this? I want to walk to The Beatles star and the Elvis star before it gets pitch black out." Sighing, I nod my head and start walking again. Not even five steps later, the softness of Ross' lips touch my cheek for a moment before he pulls away. "I'm sorry." He quietly says. I don't reply, just squeeze his hand as we walk down Hollywood Boulevard, not running into a single fan.

Ross and I both got our pictures by The Beatles and Elvis Presley's star, which we didn't do anything with the pictures, just kept them for us. Our walk back consisted of us not holding hands since we had a small little gathering of teenagers walking behind us. So we tried to keep a casual conversation kind of quiet, so the four or five or six teens wouldn't think much of anything. When we reached Ross' car, he opened the door for me, which I thanked him with a smile, and got in. He acknowledged the fans, which we did take pictures with before they started following us, and started up his car.

"Well, the date was going good until those teenagers kinda ruined it." Ross admits, pulling onto the main road. I sigh and nod, hating to admit it myself. "I'm sorry." He quietly says.

"For what?" I ask. "We both knew there was a chance it'd happen, and I still had a ton of fun. You were still a cute date, a sweet date, and you definitely made me laugh, so I'd say this was a pretty dang good date." Ross chuckles the slightest st my words.

"Always looking at the positives and always complimenting." He quietly says. I gently push on his arm. "But thanks, mostly for coming, even though I had a strong feeling you couldn't resist me."

"Alright, Mister Cocky, keep it up and those palm readings won't be coming true anytime soon." I tell him.

"Yeah." He scoffs. "Like you'd wait another week." Laughing, I nudge him harder, loving the grin on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and turn up the music, letting the tow of us battle out songs. By the time we parked in Ross' temporary spot, it was almost nine-thirty, and I had my overnight bag in my hand, ready to change and cuddle with Ross. "Hey, I have a surprise for you." He suddenly says, stopping me in front of the door.

"A surprise?" I ask, looking up at his face.

"I had a feeling something would happen so I did another thing, but even if the fan encounters wasn't necessarily bad, I still really like the surprise and want to still... use it." He tells me. I look up at him a little confused. "Close your eyes." He whispers.

"Really?" I ask, giving him a slight glare.

"I promise it's nothing bad. I just want you to go to our room and change first and put your glasses on before seeing it." He tells me. "And I'll guide you to the hall where you can open your eyes." He explains. "Please, bean?" He asks quietly. Sighing, I give into him and close my eyes. Just as he promised, he kept his hand on my lower back, guiding me through the smallish apartment style home. "You can open now." He tells me.

"Was this really necessary?" I ask him, looking up at his face. He smiles at me, nodding his head. "Are we both changing?" I ask.

"Yup." And just like that, Ross was unbuttoning his shirt. "Do you care if I wear a shirt or not?" He asks me.

"Do I ever care if you wear a shirt or not?" He rolls his eyes at me before chucking his shirt in the hamper. He did end up putting on light pink jogger style pants before telling me to wash my face and meet him in the living room. So, I quickly change out my thing for normal underwear and my jeans for some cotton pajama shorts Rydel packed me, not bothering to take of my bralette or t-shirt. I kept my hair down and found my glasses and contact holders before heading to the bathroom with face wash and a makeup remover wipe in my hand. Before heading to the living room, I head over tot he room Rocky's staying in and lightly knock before opening it. He was on his bed sitting up with his laptop in his lap and the mini keys set beside him with his guitar.

"Hey." He says, shoving off his headphones. "Where's Ross?" He asks.

"In the living room waiting for me." I tell him, stepping into his room completely. "Are you okay with us taking up the living room?" I ask him, feeling a little bad that he had to move the mini studio onto his bed.

"Yeah, of course. I'm the one who told him to do it." I raise my eyebrows at him. "Have you been to the living room yet?" He asks.

"No." I reply, pushing my glasses up. "Thanks."

"For what?" He asks.

"Yesterday." I quietly say. "I'm not use to people telling me that besides Ross, so I'm sorry I snapped at you for something so silly. It's just a hard subject, but your words were very sweet. Thank you."

"You're forgiven and you're welcome." I smile at him. "Now go enjoy your date night. Just don't be too loud because this is a small space." I give him the finger before leaving his room to the sound of his laugh.

• haha.... definitely a part three after this ;) don't have much to say... don't forget to vote, comment something sweet, and follow me! love you, babes💜

-rydelly_belly💜