18 | First Date (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"But what if they already know everything about each other?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, you're the first person I've ever dated that I know everything about beforehand." He tells me. "But I mean, it's you and me, we usually can't stop talking when we're with each other." He had a point. Whether we bicker with each other or have a genuine conversation, we're always talking. Unless one of us are tired, then we both try and sleep.

"That's true." I mumble. "Guess what." I say, becoming a little excited. When he didn't answer, only raises his eyebrows at me, I speak up again. "My mom bought you your plane ticket." I tell him, watching his smile grow. "Sadly, you aren't sitting with us on the way there because the planes mostly full, but on the way back she managed to snag a spot across the aisle from me and beside my dad."

"Sweet." He replies, a smile on his face. "What are we doing in Wisconsin?" He asks me. "Are we exploring?" And just like that, Ross and I fell into an easy conversation, as expected, and the slight nervousness I was feeling completely vanished. I shouldn't be nervous around him. He's my best friend, he knows everything about me, why should I get nervous? When the food came, Ross and I barely talked and decided to shove our faces with pizza, he even stole a few bites of my salad. When every single slice of pizza and every last bite of salad was finished, Ross decided to order a cannoli to share.

"Dude, I'm stuffed." I tell him, leaning back in my seat.

"Come on, don't wimp out on me now, bean." He says. "It's small and we're sharing, you'll be fine."

"Yeah, but you eat like a mad man, Ross. I'm little." I whisper, patting my stomach.

"Because you don't eat like me." I narrow my eyes at his false statement.

"If I eat like you, I'd be the five hundred pound five foot two girl in the band called R6 with five other fit and fab looking dudes and a chick." Ross raises his eyebrows at me now.

"You know what, no. Give me your hand." He tells me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Bean, just give me your hand." Sighing, I give him my right hand. He flips my hand palm side up, lightly trailing his fingertips along it. What the hell?

"Ross..." I trail off, watching our hands. "What are you doing?" I ask, keeping my voice quiet.

"I'm giving you a palm read for free." He tells me. Before I could reply, Ross closes his eyes and makes a soft humming noise. "Tonight... you will receive a hot and heavy kiss from a sexy blonde-" I couldn't help but laugh. "Excuse me, I'm not done." His face was completely serious, causing me to suck my lips in to keep from laughing. "And you might even gain a boyfriend by tonight." I wait a few seconds to see if Ross has anything else to add, but once he opens his eyes, he lets go of my hand. "Interesting palm, bean." The smile on my face couldn't be contained at this point.

"Yeah, and I don't even know if any of it will come true." I tell him, of course joking the slightest.

"Ah ah ah ah, now don't be a Debbie Downer, Laura. Think positive of this sexy blonde and maybe equally as sexy brunette, maybe." I lightly kick his shin under the table just as the cannoli was placed in between us with two forks. "Eat up, little munchkin." That earned him another light kick to the shin. We finished the cannoli in under five minutes and Ross quickly payed our bill, earning a slight compliant from me, but I still thanked him with a kiss on the cheek. As soon as we walked out of the restaurant, he immediately went for my hand.