Part 11

I was making my rounds, supervising everyone while alpha team went to get the medical crew. "Major" a voice called out to me causing my heart to race. "Yes first lieutenant Kim?" I responded. "About last night... " I could feel my face flush red. "Y-yeah Kibum?" "I don't know what happened, I'm sorry, no awkward feelings?" My heart sank. "Y-yeah, no awkward feelings" I said in a slight mumble. "Good, I don't think you like me like that anyways" Kibum smiled then walked away. "I don't know how I feel about you" I mumbled then continued with my rounds kicking dirt up with each of my steps like a disappointed child.

"Major" "yes Sergeant Lim?" I asked as to why he called me. "Alpha team has returned and the medical team are settling in to their cube" he reported then saluted me. "Thank you, I'll introduce myself to them momentarily" I said then dismissed Taeki. My feet began to carry me to the medicube and I stepped inside. "Sorry to interrupt your settling in, I just thought I'd introduce myself" I smiled at everyone. "A-a female?" One of the nurses questioned confused. "I am Major Yu Aeri, since my rank and name are so similar to Major Yoo Sijin, you can call me Queen which is the name I respond to on the radio. Anyone on my team takes orders from mainly me, need them to do something, let me know" I bowed to them. "A-a female?" The same nurse questioned again. "Yes, I am a female" I smirked causing her to become flustered. "Well it's nice to meet you! I'm Lee Chi Hoon" he smiled widely. "I can tell you have a young spirit, nice to meet you too Chi Hoon" I smiled back. "My team and I very much appreciate your offer to help, and we will let you know when we need something" a woman doctor smiled. "You must be Mo Yeon" I smiled. "Sijin talks about you quite a bit, but from his vivid descriptions, I thought you'd be a goddess" I giggled then bowed. "I'll leave you all to settling in, just radio me if you need me" I smiled and exited the medicube.

Letting out a deep breath, I walked into the kitchen and stood beside Kibum. "You don't have to help me today Major, Staff sergeant Lim is going to cook the chicken and I'm just going to make sides" he smiled at me. I threw an arm around his shoulder. "What kind of person would I be to have you make enough sides for everyone on your own?" I smiled at him. "Alright, you can help me, but I'm handling the knife" he smiled picking up the knife and jokingly pointing it at me before cutting vegetables. I took out a bowl and grabbed a few other things. "Vegetable stir fry?" I asked to confirm if that's what we're making. "Indeed" he started passing me the chopped vegetables which I placed in the bowl for the time being.

"Go talk to her" I heard whispering behind me as I walked. "But I feel nosey asking something like this" I stopped in my tracks and listened. "Come on, she's right there, just ask" a female voice said. "What if she gets mad?" "I won't get mad Chi Hoon, now what do you need?" I asked spinning around to face the four people following me. "Well ....uh..." Chi Hoon smiled nervously and looked to everyone else. "We were wondering what your relationship is with Kibum" the young nurse blurted out. "Minji" the older two whisper shouted at her. "We all want to know" she mumbled. "It's fine to be curious, I wouldn't blame you. Kibum and I are just friends..... but I feel things for him, he's special" I smiled a the ground. "Seriously?! I-I mean we walked into the kitchen yesterday and thought the two of you were already dating..." Chi Hoon piped up awkwardly. "Sadly I feel like these emotions are one sided... or maybe it's just something that I imagine due to the sudden change in my relationship status..." I mumbled the last bit. "Sudden change?" The older nurse asked. "The last man I was with died in combat a little while back... Kibum was there to comfort me" I smiled then looked to them. "If that's all you needed, I must continue my rounds" I saluted them with a smile and walked away.