Part 3

"Aeri, don't let mom or dad tell you that you aren't right for the military, it's what you want" my brother smiled at me. "I want to be the leader of the best team in all the world!" I cheered excitedly. "Well go do that, you don't have school to hold you back anymore little sis, follow your dream kid" I looked up at my brother. "Do you think I can make it high in the ranks like you?" I asked curiously. "If you work hard enough, I know you can do anything" he smiled. "Let's go~ we need to get to the house so we can celebrate Aeri's graduation" mom called to us. "Shot gun!" My brother called out and raced me to the car. "No fair! Your legs are longer!" I whined. My brother got in the passenger side of the car in the front, my mom got in the drivers seat, I was behind my mother and father was next to me.  Mom pulled out of the parking lot and down the road to a red light. "So I was telling Ahnjong that I'm going to enlist immediately! I want to be captain of a special forces team!" I smiled. "Are you sure sweetie? That's a dangerous job?" My dad questioned. "Yes I am! Ahnjong has been encouraging me, so I'll do it for him!" I couldn't contain my feelings. Mom began driving once the light turned green. "Mom stop!" Ahnjong called out. A car honk was heard before everything went black.

"Ahnjong! Ahnjong!" My mothers crying voice echoed. "Aeri are you alright?" A deeper voice called out, a voice that wasn't here before. "Aeri? Major Yu!"

"Major Yu!" I was shaken awake. I rubbed my head and looked around. "Are you alright?" I turned my head and saw Changyun barely awake at my side. "Yeah, I'm fine" I lied. "You woke the whole team up with whining in your sleep, luckily it's only 5 minutes until we have to be up, so might as well be awake" he stepped away to his own bed. "Right" I let out a sight. That memory always haunts me. The accident that took my brothers life and forced my dad into retirement from paralyzing him and him losing his memory. I got up and geared up, grabbing the necessities and walking out of the bunks. "To Urk" I told my team as we boarded the plane.

We landed on a runway and we're told we would be picked up by a helicopter and taken the rest of the way to the base. My team and I waited in the hot light of day waiting. There was a light breeze , signaling our ride was near. "Omega team, attention" we stood, hands at our side, face straight forward and silent. The helicopter landed in front of my men and I. A pair of soldiers got off the helicopter and came towards us. "Omega team, salute" simultaneously my squadron held our hands to our head and saluted the team in front of us. The other men stopped and saluted back before we all dropped our arms. "Welcome Omega team" one started speaking. "You must be Major Yu" the soldier said. "Major Yu Aeri" I addressed myself. "Myself and master sergeant Seo will take you to the base, you will have a free day of roaming the base before you become part of us, do I make myself clear?" He asked myself and my squadron. " Yes Major Yoo" we all said. "Good, let's go board the helicopter then"

The base was a bit different than what I was used to, usually I'd get sent to more jungles than anything with my team, but a place like this is a nice change. The different buildings were a sight to see on their own. "If I'm correct, this is the mess hall" I whispered to myself then walked inside. The first thing I saw was a dining area, so I must be right. My nose caught a whiff of an amazing aroma, even though it was faint, it seemed like it was watered down. Someone musts be cooking. I continued walking and looking around. The scent grew as I felt the presence of the kitchen grow closer, until I found a man cooking at the stove. "Could I ask what you're making?" I asked curiously, accidentally scaring the man. "Ramyeon, with chicken..." he said then turned around and faced me. His appearance made him seem younger than most here, more of my age. Handsome, but something says he's had a hard past too. He saluted me, guessing he saw my stars, so I have to be higher rank. "First Lieutenant Kim Kibum" he introduced himself. I saluted back. "Major Yu Aeri, at ease, you don't have to be so formal with me" I said normally. "But due to my rank I have to speak to you formally, ma'am" I sighed. "Then speak how you must, just don't make me feel like an old person" I said before going to walk away. "Oh and First Lieutenant Kim" I stopped and faced him. "Yes, Major Yu?" "Your pot is boiling over, use a half cup less water next time and it should be perfect" I informed him then stepped out.