E i g h t

Aria's POV

I turn to see Jessica standing there. "We have to talk." She says strictly. I sigh and nod. She grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs to my room, then shuts the door behind us. "What are you doing?" She asks. I sit on my bed. "I don't want Tal to know why I'm here." I say. Jess sits beside me. "So why do you have to lie about being Maya's niece?" She asks. I shrug. "If he knew, he'd probably want to meet her. Since Maya is such a talker, she'd probably spill something I don't want Tal to know." I say.

"Aria, if you like this guy, you're gonna have to tell him who you are, at least. I know you probably don't want him to know about-" "I don't like him." I snap. I sigh. "Sorry, I just don't want him to know about that. He can't know about that. So please, keep this a secret. Pretend to be Maya's niece. Pretend I'm part of the staff." Jessica is quiet for a moment, and I'm sure she's going to argue, but then she nods. "Fine. But when this all comes crashing down, don't blame me." She says, standing up. She straightens her skirt and walks to the door.

"I used to go to school with Tal. He probably doesn't remember me, but I remember him. He's a smart guy, Aria. He'll find out about your past somehow. Just make sure you step forward with the truth before it shoves you out of line." She says. She walks out of my room and shuts the door behind her. I sigh and fall backward on my pillow. I stare at the ceiling, deep in thought until my phone buzzes.

I pick it up and read the text.

Anthony: How was your date with Tal?

I roll my eyes.

Aria: It wasn't a date.
Aria: How'd you know we hung out today?
Anthony: Tal's my best friend.
Aria: So do you and him share secrets at your sleepovers or something?
Anthony: Ha ha. Very funny
Anthony: Mostly we just eat and talk about YouTube stuff.
Aria: What kind of YouTube stuff?
Aria: Do you guys watch CookieSwirlC?
Anthony: No, we actually

What? Where's the rest of the text?

Aria: What?
Aria: Hello?
Aria: Anthony?

I waited for fifteen minutes before I finally gave up. It was even 9:00 yet, but I had been through a lot today. I decided to go to bed early so I could finish packing tomorrow morning. I threw one some grey shorts and a soft white t-shirt that was much too big for me, then walked into my bathroom. God, it's so much bigger than the bathroom I used to share with my brothers. I wash my face, brush through my hair, and pull it into a messy braid. My head still hurts, so I pop an Advil in my mouth and swallow it.

 My head still hurts, so I pop an Advil in my mouth and swallow it

I walked back into my room and checked my phone. Still no text from Anthony, but there was a text from Tal.

Tal: Hey Aria, how are you?

I smile.

Aria: I'm okay. My head hurts a little, but I took some Advil.

He texts back immediately.

Tal: Okay, good
Tal: I figured I should check up on you before I went to bed
Aria: You're going to bed this early?
Aria: It's not even 9 yet
Tal: I have some stuff to do tomorrow

My heart sinks a little.

Aria: Oh okay
Tal: Well I gotta go, but I'm glad you're head feels better
Aria: Thanks
Tal: Goodnight Aria
Aria: Goodnight Tal

I turn off my phone and hop into bed. I pull the blanket up to my neck and smile. Maybe I like him. Maybe I don't. Either way, I'm glad he's here. And I will tell him one day. After all, he did save my life.

__________________

Authors Note: Thanks for reading chapter eight! Don't forget to vote and comment ideas if you have any! Oh, and share this book with your friends, Tal and his friends, and anyone who likes reading fanfics! Love you guys!

~Blondie