Ch 7: Obstinate and Detestable

Start from the beginning

"Race war?" I echoed."

Phoenix plucked a petal from his glass, Crushing it between his fingers, "Mortals hate one another based on skin tone and have been known to start killing one another for it." He peered at Violett through his lashes, "no little freckled halfling, I do not hate Hunter because he looks different although I do find myself rather disgusted looking at him, he is much too...bright and sometimes I wish he were cursed so whoever gazed upon him was given mercy and went blind."

I just glared at him.

"I despise the seelie because they pretend they are more moral than the unseelie because of their seasons they find themselves more pure. I hate hunter because he is a naive entitled child."

I crossed my arms, "the unseelie are depraved sadistic beings that wear masks of well manners and pretty things while watching others suffer for the pure joy of it. They are vain terrible things."

Phoenix smirked slightly, "the seelie dislike that we like to have fun."

"Fun is not your basic activity."

Violett waved a hand between us, "um guys...still here can we stop the beginnings of your apparent BL relationship problems long enough to explain whats going on."

My brows furrowed, "BL?"

"Stands for boys love."

I stared aghast at her as Phoenix's brows shot up, "well..." he rumbled, "I am never opposed to a decent threesome but the seelie prince is not my type. And unfortunately for you, I prefer the touch of a woman, males do not excite me. Therefore, lovely number three would be doing all the taking in the equation."

He winked at her.

Actually winked.

The halflings cheeks flushed a deep red as I continued to stare in disgust at Phoenix. "You are a beast."

"I have yet to get a complaint. Although I suppose the prince the court that outlawed same sex relations would deeply appalled. It would be grounds for imprisonment that you shared a woman. Because you might have played with the male." He looked at Violett, "the seelie are prudes."

My jaw worker as the girls dropped, honey eyes going wide, "they outlawed gay relationships? Thats so primitive."

I was quick to defend our laws. "Conception of children is highly important to the fae."

"If they don't like girl part or boy parts they are not gonna have a child with them anyways."

Phoenix nodded. "She raises a good point. The unseelie court would suit you Violett."

My eyes grew wide as I realized what he was doing.

He was trying to sway her toward a court before even starting to try relations with her.

If she is more partial to his culture she will be more open to him.

Not going to happen. "The unseelie have been known to pit their children against one another so the weakest links die."

"Biased rumors created by your court."

I hummed, "So children are not killed by your kind."

"The weak ones are sent to the wild do and a month if they die they die."

The girl looked horrified, "you leave children to die?"

"Only the weak ones in hopes they will grow stronger."

Slowly she stood. "Okay. This is enough. Fairies are barbaric. Both courts. Why are you two even here?"

I went quiet.

Phoenixs eyes roamed over her, "you are to pick one of us and bear a child of either seelie or unseelie courts."

She looked between us and deadpanned, "I am a lesbian."

Phoenix just looked faintly amused as I stared startled.

This would complicate things.

The dark fae stood, tucking his finger under her chin so she was looking up at him, "it was a good attempt but you my dear have an obvious tell when you lie, and even if you were I would be more than happy to provide you a beautiful distraction or two in return for your contribution to my court."

He is outrageously offensive. "Leave her be Phoenix."

She blushed brightly, "what is my tell?"

"Those eyes are much to expressive for you to be a decent liar."

With that he released her and started off.

We both watched him walk away.

She called after him, "where are you going?"

He looked at her over the shoulder, "I saw an advertisement for one of two rooms in your home. I am taking the one in the basement."

She just blinked at him. "I haven't approved of you."

He hummed, "perhaps not verbally."

With that he was gone.

She shook her head, "is he always like that?"

"Obstinate and detestable? Yes, I'm afraid so."

She frowned, "what an ass."

I smiled lightly at her, "I could not agree more."