Chapter Seven:

The next morning, The Kagasoff family ate breakfast. It was Shailene's turn to take Jaxson, Davis, Beth, and Nicole to daycare. Daren was taking John to the set. After she dropped them off, she drove to the set which was about 15 minutes away. She kept thinking about what Daren said in his sleep last night. Did he really mean that? She had herself so worried that she couldn't even focus on the road. The light turned red and she kept driving until a collision with her car and another forced her to stop. There was blood everywhere, everything was blurry and then darkness. It was a hit-and-run. The other car that flipped hers had fled the scene. A barista at the coffee shop across the street saw the whole thing happen and called the police and an ambulance. They were all sure she was dead but the got her out and took her to the hospital. After about an hour, they identified her and called Daren. They were on a break and he and Michael Grant, his on screen foster brother Ethan, were playing with John when Daren got the call. When he finally could process what they were saying, he started to cry. Greg came over to see what was going on. He and Michael took John and Daren drive to Sherman Oaks hospital to see her. His mind flooded with "what-if" scenarios and the worst things that could happen. As he pulled into the hospital he thought of something horrible... "What about the baby?!" Why could he just be happy and why couldn't his family live a normal life?